Chapter 32

Seeing someone you care about slowly lose touch with reality is very painful. Every day you see them lose themselves more and more until only a fraction of the person they used to be is left.

The fact that someone can break himself to the point where he doesn't care about what he does to himself is sad. Really sad. One moment someone is doing the best he can only to break down completely the next second.

'I've got nothing to lose anyway so you guys beter get used to this.'

Those exact words had Jungkook spoke less than two weeks ago. The boy was only a fraction of who he used to be. Suddenly the ravenette had started to smoke like his life depend on it when Taehyung had never seen him smoke before.

The boy had also started to drive more and more reckless. Jungkook was doing race after race and it concerned the boy's friends a lot. It was like he had become a completely different person and there was no one who could help him see what he was doing to himself.

On top of it all had Jungkook started to skip school like it was normal. Sure he had done it before and him skipping a day or two was nothing out of the ordinary but the fact that he had decided to not show up at all for a week straight was new. This wasn't how Jungkook truly was. The boy wasn't doing good and his actions were the clearest example for that.

Taehyung softly pushed the doors to the canteen open and immediately noticed the Bangtan Crew at their usual table. The boys were a lot less cheerfull than normal and the sole reason for that was sitting with his back towards Taehyung. Jungkook was at school for once today and it was as clear as crystal that all of his friends were very concerned for the boy. If the ravenette would keep this up some longer he would surely be signing his own death.

A soft sigh left the blonde boy's face and he began to walk towards his friends. This behaviour had to stop. Jungkook couldn't go on any longer like this and neither could Taehyung or any of his friends. It was time to put a stop to the reckless behaviour of the street racer. This had been going on for far too long anyway.

As soon as Taehyung reached the table he softly grabbed one of Jungkook's shoulders before softly squeezing it. Immediately the ravenette turned his body around and was met with Taehyung's serious face. "Can you walk with me please. I want to talk." The blonde boy spoke while a friendly smile was visible on his face.

Sure Jungkook had hurt him a lot and it would take some time to heal completely from what the ravenette had done to him but that didn't mean that Taehyung held a grudge against the boy. It was super clear that the ravenette wasn't in his best period of life and Taehyung wouldn't make it any more difficult for the street racer. After all, the young student believed that everyone deserved forgiveness and thus he was willing to forgive the younger boy. After all, if he could forgive Kai for what that boy had done then he could forgive Jungkook too.

Softly Jungkook nodded before getting up from his chair and following Taehyung. The blonde boy walked into the hallway and then quickly decided to go outside since it was still quite crowded in there. Taehyung wanted the two of them to be completely alone, otherwise the ravenette would never open up to him.

As soon as both boys were outside Taehyung turned towards the ravenette with a sad smile on his face. The boy looked like a mess. His clothes were messy and his hair was all tangled up. On top of that dark circles were surrounding his eyes and an overall tired look was visible on his face. A nicotine smell was surrounding Jungkook completely and Taehyung couldn't help but feel extremely sorry for him. What could have happened to him in order to fall down this deep?

"What's gotten into you Kookie?" The blonde boy softly said with tears in his eyes. He hated seeing the once so strong boy be this vulnerable. The street racer wasn't like this at all. "After that race you seem lost and I hate to see you like this."

A surprised look became visible on the ravenette's face and his eyes grew big. This wasn't what the boy had expected at all. Jungkook thought Taehyung would shout at him for hurting him but non of that happened. Instead of that the blonde boy was concerned for him. He didn't like seeing the ravenette like this. After all the shit Jungkook had done to him Taehyung still cared.

"You still care?" Jungkook asked softly while tears began to form into his own eyes. Quickly the ravenette wiped them away before taking a deep breath. He shouldn't show his weak side. "After I did you dirty you still care about me?"

A soft smile began to form onto Taehyung's face and he slowly raised one of his hands in order to wipe away a tear that Jungkook had missed. "Just because you hurt me doesn't mean that you gained me as an enemy Jungkook. I still care about you, a lot." The blonde boy then continued before locking eyes with the younger in front of him in order to show how serious he was. "I still want to see you happy and you clearly haven't been that lately. Why is that?"

Slowly Jungkook looked down and squeezed his eyes shut. The boy balled his fists until his knuckles turned white and a deep sigh left his mouth. "Jin was right, I fucked up so bad." The ravenette softly whispered, almost inaudible. A confused look made it's way onto Taehyung's face and he looked at the broken boy in front of him. The boy had whispered something but it had been too soft for the blonde boy to understand. 

"Please watch out for yourself Kookie." Taehyung then decided to say while a concerned tone was lacing his voice.  The young student looked at his friend with eyes filled with emotion and a sad smile on his face. "I'd hate to see you hurt yourself anymore." The young student then finished before he leaned in and gave the ravenette a hug. Jungkook had looked like he needed one and thus the blonde boy gave it to him. Taehyung himself knew as no other how much a hug could do to someone.

A shocked look made it's way onto Jungkook's face at the gesture of the blonde boy and his eyes grew big. After everything the street racer had done to the older boy the blonde was willing to forgive him this easily. Taehyung even said that he cared about him. Jungkook wasn't stupid. He knew damn well he didn't deserve any of this. Taehyung had been nothing but super kind to him and the ravenette had pushed him away the minute he came too close. It was at times like these Jungkook really hated all these stupid fears of his. Ohh how he would have wanted to just be normal instead of always fearing that everybody who he thought loved him would eventually screw him over.

Slowly the younger boy wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's body and hugged him back tightly. The ravenette buried his head inside the crook of the blonde boy's neck and tightened his arms around Taehyung. This hug meant so much to Jungkook. More than Taehyung could ever imagine.

"What if that pain is the only thing that makes you feel alive right now?" Jungkook softly whispered while a small tear left his eye and travelled down his cheek. Immediately Taehyung's eyes grew big and he tightened his grip around the younger boy. He knew Jungkook wasn't feeling well but the blonde boy had no idea that this was what he was truly feeling.

However soon a small smile began to from onto the blonde boy's face once again and he slowly pushed the other boy a bit back in order to look him straight in his eyes. The younger boy looked broken and right now he needed someone to tell him everything would be okay. The boy needed a shoulder to cry on and thus the young student would provide him one.

"Then I'll be there for you until it isn't the only thing you feel anymore."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm so busy with work it isn't normal. Nevertheless I try to write as much as possible obviously!

Question of the chapter:

what is a funny fact about yourself? (For example, I can't whistle)

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story!