Chapter 42

A bright smile made it's way onto Taehyung's face as he softly felt someone wrap an  arm around his torso.  "Hey baby, ready for lunch?" Jungkook whispered inside his  ear, a loving tone lacing his voice. Immediately the blonde boy began to nod enthousiastically while leaning into the younger boy's touch.

This morning Taehyung and Jungkook had driven together to school after their eventful night yesterday. Butterflies roamed the young student's stomach just thinking of it and a soft red blush made it's  way onto his face. Jungkook had him had never been closer than they were now and Taehyung was truly about that fact. Sure they weren't boyfriends yet but the blonde boy was pretty sure it wouldn't' take long anymore to get to that stage.

Currently the two boys were walking towards the canteen to spend their lunch break together with their friends. None of them knew yet that the two boys were friends again, let alone the fact that they were even more than friends. Seeing the two boys like this was going to shock them for sure.

Soon the two of them reached the doors to the canteen and they slowly pushed them open. Immediately all eyes were on the two boys and a few shocked looks could be spotted. It was indeed a shock for everyone who didn't know the boys that well. Taehyung had been with Kai, then switched to Jungkook, only to switch back to Kai and now he was with  Jungkook again. sure there was al reason for all the switches but not everyone knew that.

One of the shocked looks inside the canteen could be spotted on none others than Kim Seokjin's face. The brown haired boy had eyes as big as saucers and his mouth hung open. "What...how...what the fuck." Jin managed to bring out once the two love birds reached the table he was sitting at. The oldest of them all looked at both his friends with a confused look on his face and he softly began to shake him head. "When the fuck did this happen?"

A soft laugh left Jungkook's mouth and he sat down on a chair next to Taehyung while taking the blonde's hand into his own. "We talked, then kissed and now I can't imagine him now by my side anymore." The ravenette casually said before lifting Taehyung's hands and softly kissing it. Immediately a deep red blush became visible on the blonde boy's cheeks and he smiled shyly.

Soon Jin's confused face turned into an amused one and a smirk began to form onto his face before he held his hand up to Namjoon. "You owe me fifty bucks." The brown haired boy spoke to his boyfriend and a deep sigh left the other boy's mouth. "Why couldn't you wait one more month to get back together..." Namjoon softly complained before he took out his wallet and fished some money out of it. He had been so close to winning this stupid bet and yet he had lost once again. Why was Jin so good at guessing?

Slowly Taehyung and Jungkook raised both their eyebrows before looking at the couple in front of them confused. "What the fuck..." Jungkook spoke while looking at the exchanging of  money in front  of him. "You guys bet if we would get back together?"

Immediately Jin began to shake his head, an amused look visible on his face. "Not if, when." The brown haired boy confessed before looking at the money in  his hands with a big smile on his face. "You both might be blind yourselves but it's as clear as crystal that you two like each other. It was just a matter of time before you wouldn't be able to  stay away from each other anymore."

"You seem very confident about it." Jungkook then spoke with a raised eyebrow. The two of them weren't that  easy to read right? Jin had just been lucky probably and knowing that boy he wouldn't shut up about it for at least a few months. "Of course I'm confident about it, look at you two, I was right. Besides, I'm Kim Seokjin, I'm never wrong."

Soft laughs erupted around the whole table and an amused look began to form onto Jungkook's face. Jin really was something. The eldest of them all  always knew when he could play around and when he had to be serious and therefore he was loved by all of his friend. He could either be your rock or the one who scolds you when you do stupid things.

"Have you already asked him to be your boyfriend Jungkook?" Jimin then softly asked, a  curious look on his face. The small boy wanted nothing more but the best for his best friend and thus he needed to know exactly where the two of them were in their relationship right now.

"Not yet, I plan to ask him in a special way." Jungkook then confessed before sending a wink Taehyung's way. Immediately a tingeling feeling began to form into Taehyung's stomach and he smiled genuinely. Jungkook made him truly happy and he couldn't wait to be able to call the boy his boyfriend. This time there wouldn't be any fake shit between them. This time it would be real.

Suddenly the blonde boy felt two hands on his shoulders before someone began to softly whisper in his ear. "You're quite happy hmmh?" a low voice spoke  in a happy tone and immediately Taehyung turned around with a big smile on his face. "Hi Lucas."

A small smile began to form onto the blue haired boy's face. "I'm so happy for you Tae, you both look cute together. I like seeing that big smile of yours again." The  younger spoke before switching his  focus to Jungkook. "You treat him well okay? He deserves nothing  more but the best  and I'll make sure to come after your ass if you hurt him." The boy spoke before sending a wink Taehyung's way and walking over  to his own table.

All the  boys looked at each  other with weird looks on their faces and Jungkook turned to Taehyung. "What was that about?" the ravenette asked in a curious tone and softly the blonde boy began to laugh before leaning in and kissing the boy softly on his lips. "We're friends again, that's all. Lucas is not a  bad guy."

"I like the guy, maybe we should ask him to  sit with us next time. " Hoseok suddenly spoke before focusing on his boyfriend again. Immediately Taehyung began to nod enthousiastically and he smiled brightly  at his friends. He loved the way everything had turned out for him. All his friends were slowly  becoming one big group of friends and  on top of it all he had someone who he loved so dearly.

"Are you all excited for the race tonight?" Taemin suddenly  changed the subject before locking eyes with Jungkook. " After all, you're finally racing Kai again." immediately  a smirk began to form onto the younger boy's face and he softly nodded. "Of course I'm excited to beat his ass again."

"I'll show him who's the boss around here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

I somehow have a weakness for Lucas in this story.

Question of the chapter:

what did you get for Christmas?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story!❤️

Thank you all so much for reading my story!