Family x Reunion ・Kite・

You've never cried so much in your life. You have never been so depressed in your life. Why didn't you come with him? Why did it have to be Kite? Your dear Kite. Despite this, you already know why Kite should go to NGL and you should stay home. So you can take care of your little twins. They are far too young to understand what has happened to their father. They have the same white hair as Kite and are around the age of 6. You bury your head in your knees as the twins, one girl and one boy one each side cling to you.

Flashback

"Kite, it could be dangerous! Let me come with you." You take hold of Kite's arm. "(Y/n), honey. You know that if both of us get killed, the kids would have to grow up without parents." Kite takes your hand and squeezed them. "I got these boys with me. Please do not worry." Kite assures you, gesturing towards Gon and Killua. You gazed in his eyes and sighed. "Then..." You wrapped your arms around his neck, "Please come home safe. The kids need you too." You let of go of Kite and caressed his face. He takes your hand and pecks it. "I can't promise that." He pecks you on the forehead, "You and the kids stay safe too." He then squats down to the twins, Kaito and Katara, "Watch your mother for me, okay?" (I know Kaito is another version of Kite's name, but let's just go with it lol.) "I will papa!" Kaito runs into his arms. "Nothing will happen to you... Right papa?" Katara fiddles with her fingers. "You know papa is strong. Come here." Katara joins her brother with Kite. Kite pecks both their foreheads and stands up again and pecks you on the lips. "Don't cry when something happens. You look better with a smile."

Flashback Ends

"Mama?" Kaito calls your name with a worried look and then he looks at his sister, Katara, who also has a worried look. They have never seen you so upset. "It's okay, little ones... Mama is fine..." Your blank eyes look at them softly. "What happened to papa? When will he come home, we miss him." Katara says with her high voice. "Father is just... t-taking a long journey. I-" You can't tell them. Your voice crack as you remember those moments with Kite and the kids.

Flashback

"Papa! Papa! Throw me in the air! Like a bird." Kaito tugged Kite's pants with his little hands. "Okay, ready?" Kite takes hold of Kaito, "1... 2...3..." He throws him in the air and catches him. "Weeeee!" Kaito spreads out his arms. "Papa! Papa! Can I please braid your hair?" Katara comes running towards him with flowers in her hands. "No! Papa is playing with me!" Kaito pouts. "Well, it's my turn!" Katara agues back. "Now, now. Share your father, okay, and be nice to one another. Now come! Lunch is ready." You walked towards them with a picnic basket in hand. "Yay!" Kaito and Katara comes running towards you, hugging your legs. "H-hey!" You almost stumble backward before regaining your balance. "Let's help your mom set up okay?" "Okay!" The twins said in unison.

Flashback ends

Before Kite had to go to NGL, you and the twins would travel with him and his students. The twins learn many new things and became very fond of nature. Kite told you not to cry, but it's just so hard to keep down the painful feelings of despair. You have to stay strong, for Katara and Kaito. You take a deep breath, "Let's make lunch. Want do you guys want to eat?" You give them a warm smile, assuring them that everything is okay. "Cookies!" You laugh, "Kaito, cookies are for..." Kaito pouts and looks away, "Desserts..."

As you and the kids were making lunch, the phone rings throughout your ears. "Ok, you keep on stirring that Katara. Kaito please watch the pot." You told your twins and they both give you a solid nod. "Yes, mama!" You smile and pick up the phone, "Hello?" "Hello (y/n)? This is Monta." You hear his voice on the other line, "Oh Monta. How are you?" Monta sounds almost cheerful as he says, "I'm doing great and we got some good news for you."