He What?

"First, can I please get through a day? Without any complications."

"Alright, good news and bad news," my lawyer Andrew says as I meet with him in his office. 

"Alright,  shoot," I tell him getting comfortable in my seat, not like anything could be that much worse than everything happening. 

"Well," Andrew starts, "Good news, we've got a case.

"Great," I tell him wondering what the bad news could be.

Andrew looks slightly sympathetic to me before saying, "Bad news, it's going to have to be a joint effort from you and Christian." 

Snorting I let out a small laugh, "Right." 

Andrew nods, "Nothing was really said about you though, the defamation claim is more on Christians front and since he's also pursuing legal action against Morgan it's going to be a lot easier for you and him to work together in a joint case against her." 

"Whatever," I say shaking my head, I guess I was wrong about shit not being able to get much worse, "So what's that mean for me?" 

"Basically that you two would be pursuing the case together. It'd be a joint prosecution should it go in front of a judge. Given Morgan's twenty-two, already decided to sell the story, and doesn't have a solid job right now, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that she's going to do what she can to avoid paying anyone off right now," Andrew says. "The question now is are you still looking to pursue legal action?" 

Blowing a raspberry through my lips as I push my hand through my hair, "What do you think I'd get from it then I guess?" 

"A couple grand, my guess would be in your case it'd be what Morgan would've made from selling the story. There's a case in her favor to claim that it was good for your business and it'll actually profit you in the long run by giving AK Events a bigger platform and making it even more well known." Great, if I chose to pursue this and she goes for that stance I look like I was an accomplice in it. I can't.

"I can't pursue it," I tell him shaking my head, "Christian and I already have enough drama the way it is and if she takes that course to claim it boosted my company it'll just make shit that much worse for us." 

"Okay," Andrew says nodding, "I'll contact Christians legal team and let them know. I'm sorry Ashtyn."

"It's not like it's your fault," I comment shaking my head, "This whole mess is a lot of complicated and it's a lot more than one thing that I've got to think about right now. Sorry for wasting your time with this."

"It's no problem Ashtyn, I'm sorry that this is how this went." I just nod accepting his apology even though it's unwarranted.

Pulling into my spot in the parking garage I sit and wait a second before doing anything. I should apologize to Alex. We haven't talked in about two weeks now more than asking if either of us needed anything from the store or something. Hasn't exactly been a lively home ever since Morgan broke the news of my baby. Call volumes with attempted bookings have been insane until someone lets them know that in most instances I'm not very involved in their event process almost at all. Absolutely ridiculous. Blowing a raspberry out my lips I finally turn my car off and head out so I can head up to the apartment. 

Entering our apartment Alex's door is shut and not much seems like it's going on right now. Sighing slightly I set my keys and purse down before heading to Alex's door and knocking gently. This will be a hell of a lot easier to deal with if I have Alex back on my side than just Natalia a few times a week.