On Gaurd.

"He might got money but I bet she got her own. You know she independent, when she leave here all alone."

"Given Mr.Yelichs' career choice, we've decided to award Ms.Kingston full physical custody of the child but award Mr.Yelich visitation rights," I sigh slightly, alright that was expected. "As for legal custody, we've decided that the parents would share joint legal custody of the child after it's born. Both of you need to work with each other to figure out what works for both of you. Given Mr.Yelichs' ever-changing schedule I would suggest sitting down with each other once each season's schedule comes out and reworking the schedule where possible. Routine is important especially for young children so I suggest you consider that when it comes to scheduled overnights. In my professional opinion during Mr.Yelich's season, overnights are probably not a great idea." Fuck I'm going to have to deal with Christian the next eighteen years and then some. Taking a deep breath I just nod, well I guess fates sealed for this one on us. I just hope he actually steps up like he says he wants to.

Once the agreement is met and settled upon and we sign acknowledging our parental rights after everything was laid out. Christian better fucking step up now that he's taken this, this far. "How are you feeling about it all Ash?" Rosalie asks.

Shrugging slightly I shake my head, "Okay. We expected this didn't we?" Rosalie nods, "He better actually step up like he claims he'd like to is all I've gotta say on this."

"If he doesn't we'll revisit this and force a new decision, I've got a feeling it won't be a problem though." I just nod before we start packing our stuff up and start heading out.

Once we exit the courtroom Christian approaches me, "Hey Ashtyn can we talk?"

"Uh," I look at my phone time, "Yeah I guess."

"Look I really am sorry for how I've acted leading up to now," He tells me and I sort of think he might actually be sincere, "Can I try and make it up to you and take you to lunch or something?"

Shaking my head a little I give a little smile, "Look, I'm fine co-parenting and having to deal with you for the next at least eighteen years but I still don't really know what to think right now. You didn't give a shit about this kid until the story broke about it. I'm fine being civil and talking and keeping you in the loop with everything I've got going on pertaining to the baby, but beyond that, I'm not looking to be a publicity stunt. To be quite honest with you right now Christian, I'm not sure that you wanting to be involved, now that the story came out and made you look bad, isn't just some publicity stunt."

Christian looks almost offended before he takes a breath and runs his hand through his hair, "Look, it doesn't even have to be anything public, I'd almost rather it wasn't as well. I just want to get the chance to have some sort of relationship with my kid's mom and the person I'm trying to co-parent with before there's a full-on kid involved. I can even bring you lunch to your office if that'd work best."

I can't help but laugh as I shake my head, "Given that little stunt you pulled screaming about getting served, you've actually earned yourself a ban from my building."

"Seriously?" He asks almost shocked.

"Yeah," I tell him nodding as I raise my eyebrows wondering how he expected not to be, "Given the fact I literally had to address my entire staff about it, yeah you earned a ban."

"Well, what about dinner? I can meet you at your place or you can come to mine," Christian suggests.

"You're not going to stop trying to push it until I agree will you?" I ask.

"Probably not no," Christian says with a small smile.

Sighing a little I blow the air back through my lips, "Um," I check my phone again, "I guess tonight works for me if it does for you. I've got a roommate whose ex is the one that leaked the story so I don't know if you wanna meet there. His sister also likes to drop in whenever she feels like it so."