Daisies.

"I like flowers in the morning. I like flowers in the evening. I like flowers in the daytime." 

"Should I like, bring anything?" I ask Christian as I twist my warm hair with my finger to hold the straightener curl now. Christian is just laying across the end of his bed switching between playing on his phone and watching me. Pursing his lip a little he shakes his head, "Are you sure? Like I'm already bringing a grandkid but I feel like I should be bringing more like at least flowers or something." 

Christian chuckles, "Nah, it'll be okay. If you really want to grab something I can swing by the store on the way over to her house but I wouldn't stress over it." 

Sighing a little I glance in the mirror checking for anything I missed before grabbing another chunk. "Alright," I nod a little before going in and flipping my hair over the side of the straightener and holding it as I pull it through. What a fucking day today is. I may have expected this to be the outcome eventually I don't know that I thought it would be this soon. Let alone when I'm across the country, meeting my boyfriends' mom for the first time, while currently pregnant with his baby. 

"You sure you're okay?" Christian asks obviously concerned by my minor silence. 

"Yeah," I tell him glancing back in his direction giving him a tiny smile, "Obviously it's a lot, but I'm okay." Sighing again I look back in the mirror once more and pull my hair making sure I've got everything now before I pull the plug out of the outlet, "Unfortunately it was something I was expecting to some extent. I thought maybe she'd have one more stint in rehab though before relapsing and then OD'ing seeing as that's usually what happens." I shrug again as I shut the bathroom light off and head back into his bedroom. "Maybe that's what happened even, I don't really know." Scoffing now I shake my head thinking about her going to rehab again, probably not, I wonder where she got the money this time, "I suppose I'll find out if I end up having to foot the bill again as the only living connection to her." Fucking ridiculous that I'll have to take on whatever the hell she owes to who now. God only knows if she at least had fucking life insurance. 

"Yeah the more I'm thinking about it now, the more pissed off I'm getting," I tell him frustrated. "All of her fuck ups that I had nothing to do with are going to end up falling on me, as if I don't have enough shit to deal with." 

"You know I can help you too right?" Christian essentially offers.

"Fuck no," I tell him immediately noticing the slight offense almost masked by his confusion present, "It's bad enough that I have to be responsible for her fuck-ups I'm not about to let you take them on too when you never even met her. If there's one thing you need to understand about me Christian is that my responsibilities are mine. I'm not going to rope other people into my issues no matter how close we are at any given time. Just ask Alex," I can't help but laugh as I think of my friend wanting to be the dad when Christian didn't.

Christian nods, "I've picked up on that a little seeing how little you wanted to do with me and that fucking check." Christian laughs mentioning it, "Sorry about that one." 

I almost snort at the comment, "You ever think you'd have to apologize for trying to give someone two million?" 

Scoffing he shakes his head, "Definitely not." I chuckle a little at his response before he checks his phone, "You should finish getting ready though if you do wanna stop and pick something up for her." I nod as I grab the long-sleeved grey sweater dress and pair dark burgundy tights I had packed out of my suitcase and heading back to the bathroom to change. Once I slip both of them on I glance in the mirror and laugh a little at myself seeing my bump in the dress. It's very cute but definitely not trying to hide anything.