The Start Of Something New

Primrose's POV:

"I'll see you later, Angel!" I yell, fumbling to put my shoe on in excitement.

Leaving the barn, I begin the short walk to the hotel. Anticipation ate away at me as I turned the corner to face the hotel. I'd never been in it before - it's only for the rich and the posh. Earlier, I spent an hour destroying my neatly organised wardrobe in attempt to find an outfit suitable to wear to the hotel. Eventually, I settled on a white, lace summer dress, with daisies scattered all around. I accompanied this with a pair of white heels I bought for a friends wedding, and a straw bag I got from one of the boutiques up the road.

I'd bought the dress at the beginning of summer, when Angel forced me to become more adventurous with clothes

I'd bought the dress at the beginning of summer, when Angel forced me to become more adventurous with clothes. I never took it to Jamaica - I forgot I had it to be totally honest. As I'm not the skinniest, I feel insecure wearing it, and I constantly suck my stomach in. But I figured it would be easy to suck my stomach in all afternoon... right?

Opening the grand front door, I entered the lobby. My god it was beautiful!  Glass windows spread over the entire walls, allowing the golden sun to flood in. Modern sofas and chairs scattered the room, sat by small tables decorated with fresh flowers. The calming smell of vanilla danced though the air, as I began walking to the front desk.

My white heels echoed against the polished marble floor, as I shyly made my way across the room. I could feel eyes staring at me all over, as I readjusted my shoulder bag. Oh god! They know I don't belong here, they know I'm too poor for this place. Or... do they? How could they? I'm wearing a nice outfit, a dress and heels doesn't say I'm poor. I did my makeup for once, and I have my hair down. They don't know I'm not rich. I need to act rich, confident. Like I belong here!

Taking a deep breath in, I felt my confidence grow as I took long strides, straightening my posture and tucking my hair behind my ear. The lady behind the desk gave me a warm smile, as I approached. "Hi, how can I help you?" She asked.

"Hello, I'm looking for Harry St-,"

"Wow!" A voice behind me says.

Darting my head round, I'm caught off guard when I see Harry, rising from one of the sofas. "You look beautiful." He compliments, giving me a shameless once over. Feeling my cheeks blush, I nervously look down and move my hair to cover my face. All my confidence drains out of me, as his dominant figure hovers over me.

"I- uhh... thank you." I force out, readjusting my bag again.

Harry takes his hand and places it under my chin - lifting my head to look at his. His emeralds beam at me, as I admire his features close up. "Why so shy?" He questions warmly, removing his hand from my chin and taking my hand, interlocking our fingers.

"I don't belong here, Harry." I whisper, embarrassed that for even a second, I was confident enough to think I fit in.

"There is no belonging, Prim. I've invited you here, you have every right to be here." He reminds me, stroking my hand with his thumb.