Busy Days And Getaways

A/N:
Before we start, I would like to say a massive thank you to all those supporting this story. There has been a significant rise in readers, and I've been lucky enough to hit 1K reads. I'm so beyond thankful to everyone for choosing to read this book, and I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

Love you all xx

***

Primrose's POV:

Today was a Tuesday, so I was expecting it to be quiet. However, it seemed the whole fucking country was in Woolacombe for the day, because we were none stop all afternoon!

"I need three diet cokes, a lemonade and an orange juice to table 12, two fish and chips to table 19, and a side of chips to table 5! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! No time to waste." I shout, rushing around behind the bar reading order tickets.

Grabbing a tray of drinks that my bartender quickly made up, I rush them over to their table and tediously wait for the customers to take their drinks. Angel sprints past me to a table outside, as a huge group of drunk 20 year olds began shouting at passers by. Following him, I went to diffuse the situation.

"Hey, guys. I hate to be a fun sponge, but you can't shout at strangers. It's bad for business. Please stop, or I'll have to ask you to leave." I say quickly and politely. They all erupt into a roar of laughter, proceeding to mock my words.
My blood was at boiling point: it was 26°, one of the busiest days we've had all year, and I was exhausted.

"Out, now. Off my property." I spit, standing tall and confident. "Angel, handle this, please. I've got to help inside!" I rush, before running back into the bar. Plates of food piled up in the order window, as my only other worker was occupied taking an order at a table. Of course the day I give a worker a day off because it's usually quiet, we are heaving with customers!

Taking two fish and chips over to table 19, I ramble out an apology for the slow service. Pacing back to behind the bar, I begin making up an order of drinks. "Useless fucking workers!" I mumble to myself, looking up to see Angel still talking to that same table. "Wasting time taking orders. They can wait 5 more minutes!" I rant to myself.

"I've got a tray for table 12!" I shout, and Tilly - my other worker - comes over and takes it to the customers. Looking around, I finally see the drunk men leaving, and Angel shaking his head as he storms over to the bar.

"Hate days like this." He says, tossing some dirty glasses he collected from outside into the sink. "Nobody has any respect." He complains, and I nod along with him.

"Should I call Max to come in?" I ask, loading the dishwasher.

"Yes." Angel says shortly, before vanishing into the crowded restaurant. I continued to move dirty plates and cups from the sink, swearing and shouting in my head about how awful today was while doing so. Sure, it's nice to be busy. But not on a day we're not expecting it. This was the last thing we could've predicted for today.

My thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the constant hum of my phone buzzing behind the till. Slamming a pint glass down, I dart round and grab my phone. "Who the fuck is callin-," my harsh words is interrupted by an unexpected contact name.

Harry

Incoming call

Without thinking, I immediately answered the call. "Hey!" I say happily, feeling all the stress lift off my shoulders.