illegαl bettiηg ρt. 2

"Still no reply? It's alright, seven is enough."

I rub my temples tensely, worried for my baby, Vasco.

(this has no romantic reference, at least not yet)

He tosses over a few laptops and phones to fit us all.

"Start the.. counterattack."

"Hold on- where'd the bodyguard cosplayer go?"

"Not sure.. he must've stepped out."

"Good, he's a pain. I don't like him."

"Okay we're signed up." The bright kid says, sitting cross-legged as his fingers glide across the keyboard quickly, "I spent my hard-earned money for it.."

After a few minutes, all we do is keep losing.

I sigh, when I've got nothing left in, leaning back in my chair.

Zoe seems to have lost it all as well as she speaks up, "Hey Kouji, did you expect us to win the money back? I keep losing."

"You are losing my money, do what you're told - dummy."

"What?-" Zoe says, offended.

"What about me.." Jiho asks, tapping his index fingers together nervously, which leaves Kouji to let out a sigh.

"Since your ID is banned, you can't login..I will need you later, so stand by."

"Okay.."

"Jiho. I wondered what happened.. you're so pathetic." Zack says, rocking in his chair, "Get it together."

Yes king, tell that bitch-

I almost let out a snicker, and I cough to cover it up. "He's right, snap out of it."

Jiho seems to feel a little down and disappointed with himself - which almost made me feel bad, but I realised his soon to be shitty personality.

We continue to go back to the betting, ignoring everything that had just happened.

After a few minutes of depositing and losing, they try to convince Kouji to end it there.

"Come on, Kouji.. We lost it all - the money we deposited."

"Huh? You were so arrogant." Zack says, whistling lowly.

"So have we lost more money?"

"Maybe we should just go find the guy, John."

"We don't know where he is. Finding the homeless guy would've much easier."

Hearing their uneasy whispers, Jiho tries to make a run for it to the police, "Ack! I'm going to the police." The idiot says with tears in his eyes.

I grab the boy by the collar, dragging him back.

"Sit your dumb ass down, idiot."

Kouji connects his phone to all of the computers rested on the ground.

As they all connect, they light up one by one.

"...It's just the start."

"It's working! We signed up and deposited. They don't even suspect us for a second, they don't even care." The grap-coloured boy says slyly with sparkles in his eyes, "Even if they suspected something,they'll have stopped caring since we lost our deposit."

"The boss will leave it to the workers to hang out somewhere."

"Okay, now each person must deposit $1000 each."

Whispers roam around the store as they do what is told.

"Okay.. that's enough Kouji. You don't need to deposit more money because of me."

For you? I wouldn't spend a cent on you, jackass.

I snicker to myself, gaining the attention of everyone here, honestly surprising me.

"Sorry, funny dog meme." I say, covering it up with a white lie.

"Gosh, focus on this, In. Anyway, I'm making money for me, not for anyone else in this store."

"And what am I doing?" He says as the screens light up.

Points over points are being charged and everyone seems to be confused.

"Hey, kid... How did this happen?"

"The points got charged?! Did you do this, kid?"

"No way. How could I have done that? Since we applied for the charge they did it."

"Well.. we applied for the charge.. but we didn't make a single deposit."

"You sure are curious. It's tiring, you dummies." Kouji says, sighing deeply, "Explain the private betting system again."

Everyone turns over to Jiho, waiting for an answer.

"Okay.. first you make a 'deposit'. Then you leave an 'apply to charge' message.. and manager confirms the deposit and charges it."

"Right so they charge after confirming the deposit. This happens manually." He says, looking back at his computer screen, "These punks use a 100% fake account to take deposits. Without a real name the can't use phone of internet banking."

"So how do they confirm a deposit? By having an employee run to an atm?"

"No chance of that. They use this program, which does automatic matching to the manager's page as soon as the money is in the fake account."

"These kind of sites are built very cheaply. Of course they use the cheapest matching program that will only alert the deposit."

"This crappy program.. I'm using it." Kouji says with a deadly smirk.

"They won't open the gate when they are being attacked, but they will open it for a friend."

"But what if that friend's information is a complete lie?"

"Let's send a spy, who tells a fake 'deposit record'."

More tapping and clicking is made and with ease more and more points get charged.

"Like that.. it's charged."

"But we didn't send any money!"

I yawn stretching out my arms, already bored with this.

Gosh this is gonna be a long chapter..

"Don't be shocked." he says with an unsubtle smirk, "This is only just the start."

"The charged points are cyber-money. They can give you unlimited cyber-money just by clicking."

"So far, numbers on the internet have been coming back and forth."

"...We use the fake deposit for fake points... but we apply for pay out and change it to real money." He says, picking up a stack of money from the convenience store's atm.
______________________

gosh this arc is a pain

too much dialogue

too many things that i just don't understand

and the arc is just long in general

last bit of illegal betting will come soon :)))