eηd σf sρσrts dαγ + ρtj ρt. 1

"Okay! Next is the talent show!"

"We have another duet from Practical Music and Fashion Dept!"

"Daniel and Duke!"

As much as I love these two, I'm pretty sure Zack's mental state is far more important.

I go off from the event, moving my attention away from it.

My priority is now Zack Lee, and Zack alone for the time being.

I already know where he is, as he sits on the stairs behind the school, head buried in his hands.

"Zackkk." I say, wrapping my hands around him.

My legs are wrapped around his waist, from the back, and I'm hugging him tightly.

"Hey, you fulfilled my promise, why'd you look so down?"

"Fuck what anyone else thinks, right? You did your best!" I put my lips close to his ear and whisper, "And in my opinion I think you did better than Daniel."

He's frozen, and he doesn't say a word.

I look back at his face, but it's covered in tints of red.

"Shit I broke him."

I poke his cheek, then resorting to putting the back of my hand on his forehead, checking the temperature.

"Do you have a fever or is it your blood circulation, I can't tell.."

He breaks out in laughter, hearing my confused remarks and I can't help but laugh along.

Two students stand and watch, eyes filled with jealousy, yet neither me or Zack realise.

Instead of a fun after party, like what was intended in the book, two of the attendants aren't as cheery as the webtoon.

After the next few days, I get invited by Vasco and Jace to see the 'Child's Mother.'

I suddenly remember how creepy it is in the book and my eyes widen.

"Ah.. Vasco. My sweet, muscly, naive, Vasco. I'd rather drown than see that creepy thing."

I say ruffling his hair.

The next morning, people all head to the storage room, to find out if Zack signed on the Child's Mother painting.

When I found that his signature was on the window, I almost had a mini heart attack.

But nothing compared to his passing out.

CRASH.

"Ahh! Zack passed out!"

"Someone take him to medical.."

Weeks later, I'm stopped by an agency scout.

"PT..J?" I mumble, scratching the back of my head, leaning on my parked motorcycle.

"That's right."

"So you've probably met Daniel as well then, huh.."

"I don't usually approach people myself.. but I really wanted to meet you."

"You said that to Daniel too, right?"

"You're a smart one, aren't you.." the scout mumbles.

"Well, sure I'll do it, I guess." I say, slipping the business card into my pocket, then turning my motor's engine on.

The audition was up in 5 days, and I didn't bother practicing.

I met Daniel and Duke along the way there and they went before me.

Daniel singing the US national anthem without much effort, only really caring for Duke.

I got up, looking around the studio a bit before they told me to start.

"Uh, right. I'm Hae-Seong In."

I started singing a NCT - BOOM, both the rap and the vocals.

I picked that particular song, only really because it was stuck in my head all day.

Behind the glass, which was behind the so-called 'judges', I saw a dark figure.

I could already tell who it was.

"So, behind you - is that the real judge?" I say tapping my chin.

They all look shocked.

I look dead straight into the pink-haired man's eyes, smiling.

"I'm a fan, DG."

I take the stairs, I know the elevator will be clogged with crazed fans, so I take this smartest way out.

But once again, I lock eyes with a particular pink-haired man.

I smile, walking through the door giddily, hopping onto my motorcycle once I get out of the building.

I notice that DG's gaze hasn't come off from me.

The next morning, I was called over to come to the PTJ company, hearing that I was accepted.

I walk up to the room that I was told to go in.

On the door, there's a list of rules.

PTJ Trainee Rules:

1. Bad Manners or personality = kicked out.

2. There are no talentless people here, if you don't try = kicked out.

3. Alcohol, cigarette use = kicked out.

4. Late more than three times = kicked out.

5. Dating = kicked out.

6. No monthly development after evaluation = kicked out.

I look at the paper sheet, trying to restrain myself from ripping it apart.

I sigh, walking into a group of four people sitting on the floor.

Two are Daniel and Duke, and the others are two people who I think I'll grow to like.

"We are Class C."

"I'm Oliver, I've been a trainee for six years. Nice to meet you." A man with chestnut hair and a sweet smile says.

"Hi. I'm Lasol. I'm in 3rd year. Nice to meet you." A girl with medium brown hair and Jisoo-like features says.

"Hello. I'm Daniel Park.."

"My name is Duke Pyeon!"

"Uh.. I'm Hae-Seong In.. Nice to meet you as well." I say with an awkward smile.

The door clicks open and a another person steps in.

"Um.. Ah! The lag newbie! Come here."

I look over to the person, in awe.

Wow, she really tries.