Chapter Fifteen: Temptations Stranglehold

Ben watched Vivian step beside him, clasp his cheeks between her hands, and then lean down to kiss him. He gripped the arms of his chair as he felt her sweet lips caress his. It was clear she had read that book when her tongue swept over his bottom lip and begged entrance into his mouth. The moment he tasted her his control snapped. Without much thought, he lifted her onto his lap, tipped her back into a reclining position, and allowed his passion for her take over.

He sucked on her bottom lip, chewed on it gently, and the moment he heard her intake of breath, he sank his tongue into her mouth. They were a little clumsy at first. But desire turned the play of tongues into strokes and his free hand began to explore her body.

Her fingers gripped the hair at the back of his neck as she responded to his touch. They passed any test imaginable concerning any possibility of thinking of her like a sister. She was his, and his desire to mate with her was hard to fight.

He heard someone clear their throat. Instead of releasing Vivian, Ben waved his hand to shoo them away. That was when he heard Owen laugh.

"I never dreamed those letters would send you two into this situation."

Vivian collapsed against Ben's chest as she giggled at what he said. Ben held her close to his chest as he frowned at Owen. "I know that door was closed," he said with disgust.

"I knocked, but now I see why you didn't respond. I came to bid you goodbye, but perhaps you two need me to stay?"

Ben set Vivian on her feet. The evidence of his pleasure was too obvious to stand. "We are not in need of a chaperone."

"Then I will see you later this evening. Michael has already left. He told me to tell Vivian to enjoy herself." Owen barely kept from laughing as he turned and left. However, it broke loose as he closed the door.

Vivian leaned against the edge of the desk, smiling towards the door where Owen had departed. "Later you should explain why he thought our desire was funny. I understand how kissing stimulates one for mating now. By your condition, I also understand the book's explanation concerning the reaction the body has to such stimulation. You grew quite stiff while I sat on your lap. Now, I no longer have doubts that you desire me."

Ben's face stung from the sudden rush of blood caused by his embarrassment. "You have correctly assessed my reaction to you. The same way your nipples hardened."

She nodded in agreement. "You were also correct. It was unpleasant to stop kissing. I did not wish to. I ascertain that we are well suited for marriage." She pushed away from the desk and walked back to the chair she had been sitting in. "Would you like to finish reading the first letter?"

"Would you rather speak of the sexual positions in that book? You did ask me to take a look at the drawings."

Her face turned pink. "After such a demonstration, perhaps we should wait. I promised Charlotte she could keep the book tonight to study it. She was most interested."

Ben saw the trouble immediately, but since Vivian saw nothing wrong in a woman learning such things. Once again, he wished his parents were here to handle the situation. "I believe I shall take a better look at the book myself. I imagine your brothers have studied the diagrams?"

"By the looks of it, they have studied it frequently. Perhaps they wish to be a good lover for the woman they marry. It is important to have a healthy relationship in the bedroom, don't you think? I imagine we will because of the way I responded to you. Though, most things in life take time to perfect. We shall practice often, don't you agree?" She tilted her head, her eyelids slowly blinking at the thought of such activity.