Ch 11

**A/n – Originally I thought Doflamingo would be in his early 30's in this story but now I'm not sure. Either way he can be whatever age you want him to be**

~~~~~~~~~

As (Y/n) sat in the back seat of Smoker's car she looked out the window but as they got closer to Law's house a thought began to appear in her mind. It was a thought that really didn't cross her mind when the man first moved here but now it made her curious. She turned her head in Smoker's direction since maybe he knew the answer they did work together after all.

"Hey Smokey?" He was talking with Ace about the Christmas dinner but after he heard the girl address him, his attention went her. "Something wrong (Y/n)?" The girl said there wasn't but coughed a few times after replying, just for the act.

"I'm just curious about Law. Why would he move to our small town to be a Doctor when he could live in some big city where'd there would be a lot more patients?" Smoker thought about (Y/n)'s question, while it was true that he worked closely with the man he didn't know that much about him outside of work.

"Maybe he wanted a break from the big city life, being a Doctor can be very stressful at times. You'll have to ask him that question though (Y/n)" Nodding her head the girl returned to looking out the window as they continued to Law's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been driving for about 20 minutes and Ace said they were almost there. Looking out the window (Y/n) seen there weren't a lot of houses and the ones they did manage to pass by looked like they'd been abandoned for years. "Ace? Are you sure Law lives out here? All these houses look like something out of a horror movie"

"Yeah I was out here yesterday after all. Don't worry his house is a lot nicer than any of the other ones we have passed so far" Smoker decided to speak up about Ace's response. "And here I thought you were at a doctor's appointment"

"It was a house call" The two of them just laughed about it until Ace perked up from his seat and pointed at a house the car was approaching. "That's the one" (Y/n) stared at the house as it got closer and Ace was right about it being nicer than all the others. What he failed to mention was that the young doctor lived in a mansion, now (Y/n)'s home was large but Law's house was at least twice the size, if not more.

"Quite the house for one man" (Y/n) spoke up from her seat as she admired the house. "Oh, it's not just Law who lives here. He's got a small army in there" That made (Y/n) curious, she didn't think Law had many friends in this town let alone had them living with him.

They had pulled into the driveway before parking in front of the home alongside the other cars that were already there. "Come on (Y/n). Law doesn't like to be kept waiting" Stepping out (Y/n) followed behind Smoker and Ace up to the front door of the house before Ace rang the doorbell.

It didn't take long for someone to answer the door but it wasn't Law or Luffy so it must have been one of the other people that lived in the house. He worn a hat with a cute little pom-pom on top and it had the word 'penguin' written across the front. "Welcome! Please come in, Captain's just finishing up packaging upstairs he'll be down in a minute"

"Didn't Luffy say he didn't want Law to be at home by himself, is everyone leaving for the holidays?" The man in the 'penguin' hat rubbed the back of his neck as he slowly responded. "Yeah... a lot of us have already left and the rest of us plan to head out today. We offered the Captain to come with us but he said no... Luffy had to beg him just to go with him, and it was only after Luffy asked like a hundred times"

(Y/n) giggled at the last part, she knew how Luffy could get when he wanted something, that boy really didn't like being told no. "That sounds like Luffy" Someone hugs (Y/n) from behind and when she turned, she sees it was the boy they were talking about.