Shut up, Ashley!

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie sits at the top of the stairs. She's bored out of her mind, but being that she made Logan a promise, she decides to stay in place, waiting for him to change his mind any second.

She cancels out the loud noises of whistles, cheerleaders, and the clashing of football players with her headphones by turning on her Spotify list of favorite songs and reading her next chapter of 'white rose'
***

Steven looks over towards the bleachers where Sophie sits and smiles tapping Logan on his shoulder while they huddle around the coach. "Hey man! Looks like you got a new fan up on those bleachers this year." He taunts him making the rest of the guys look over and they all begin to whistle.

"Alright, alright!" Coach Mitchell calls out making them silence.

"You guys leave Logan alone. Besides," he says hitting Logan lightly on his helmet.

"It's about time Logan actually got a chance to date a nice girl. Right, Logan?" They all whistle and chuckle murmuring across the field along with the coach. Logan's face blushes to a bright red, as he looks sternly at the coach and the rest.

"Coach? Seriously, you too? Come on now! She's just waiting for me to work on a project together. That's all."

"Ok son! Just, don't do anything I wouldn't do, ok? I actually like Sophie, so, don't mess it up." Coach winks at him and taps his notepad and warns the others to take practice seriously, or he'd bench them for their first game in just two weeks.

Logan sighs, his hands on his hips and head hung low, looking at Sophie from his side. "Come on prince charming, get your head in the game before coach benches you. Which, it would actually work for my benefit if you want me to replace you as captain?" Steven taunts him, making Logan punch him on his arm.

"Shut up! Get your ass out there you damn receiver!" Steven chuckles and runs out to the middle of the far end of the field to line up with the rest of his team.

Slowly, Logan makes his way and can't help but look back at Sophie as she reads away on the bench she sits on and smiles nodding his head.
******

Amber stops for a water break from her practice, and though Sophie made sure to sit all the way across the other side of the field from where they were practicing, Amber takes the courtesy to walk across to greet her.

Sophie's phone buzzes and she quickly grabs it, unlocks it with her fingerprint, and sees a message from her mom.

"Hey, honey! Dad and I are going out to dinner tonight. We'll probably be back late. Left some leftover lasagna for you in the fridge. Come home safe ok? I love you, sweetheart."

She quickly replies back with a smile. She has always admired the love and affection her parents have had for each other. "Working on a project with another student at their house after school. I'll come home soon after. Love you guys! Have fun and don't worry about me. I'll be safe."