I Need You

Sophie

"Logan, wait." I caught my breath as I broke our kiss. His lips were swollen, and I could feel mines the same way.

"Sophie, I missed you. I missed you so much. Please, give me another chance. I was, I was an idiot. I should have believed you. I know now that you didn't cheat on me. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry babe."

I closed my eyes and pondered on his words. I folded my hands over my chest, turning my body away from him.

"Sophie, say something. Please? Tell me you're willing to give me a second chance. Please? I-I know I was a moron, I should have never doubted you. I know you kept Troy and Dylan's secret to protect them, I know that now. Soph." His hands softly embraced me around my waist. His hard chest leaned against my back.

"So, you only believed me, because you found out the truth about Troy and Dylan? What about when I asked you to believe me? What about every time I told you I didn't cheat on you? What about each time I told you to trust me, and you didn't? Do you have any idea how I felt? To be caught between my friend's secret, and a boyfriend why obviously didn't believe in my word? You didn't trust me, Logan. And if you couldn't believe me with something so small like this, what makes me think you won't doubt my word again?" His head hung low as we made our way down that elevator.

The four opened, and people waited for us to exit to go inside. I walked out of that elevator, followed by him.

I walked vastly past the pupil around us and out towards a small garden.

"Sophie, I know I fucked up. I fucked up big time, I get it. You have no idea how much I'm going through right now. I was agitated, and frustrated with a personal issue we have going on in my family. I, . . .ugg." He scratched the back of his head and ran his hands across his face.

Turning away and back to me, he leaned forward, placing his forehead against mine.

"I never should have taken my frustration out on you. I made you suffer, and hurt our relationship because of my stupid ego, and stubbornness. Please, baby, I'm sorry. Give me another chance. I need you, Soph. I don't want to lose you. You have no idea how much I need you right now." His eyes were kept close as he buried his head in my hair, hugging me right against him.

"My parents got a divorce, Soph. I didn't want to tell you, because I know you were already going through so much with your mom. I need you by my side now more than ever."

His words hit me like a rock. Mrs. Spencer had been sad lately. Though she smiled and walked as if nothing was wrong, I could see something was bothering her.

"What? Why? When did you find out? Oh God, Logan I'm so sorry." I pulled away, his eyes were gloomy and I could see his complexion was turning from sadness to anger.

"A few days before Thanksgiving. Remember we suddenly left to Chicago?" He asked making me think back to the days he was unreachable.

"Umm, yeah. I think so. " I responded, taking a seat and pulling him close to me.

"Mom caught him having an affair with a coworker." He said standing to his feet in anger.

"He was living with her Soph. And that's not all, he had her daughter with them, and she was calling him dad and.... .mmm. I fucking hate him, Soph. You should have seen Ashley's face. She was so hurt. I wanted to punch the daylights out of him. And if it wasn't for Derreck, I would have." He explained, kicking a metal chair next to him lightly.

"Oh, Ash. She must be feeling so bad right now. What about your mom? How is she handling all this?" I asked concerned about the situation.

"Mom is handling ok I guess. I mean, I know it's hard for her. I can hear her quietly cry at night, but during the day she acts all tough and shit. That's not all Sophie." He said sitting back next to me.

"Dad wants to take Ashley away. He's fighting for custody and trying to annul the divorce mon made him a sign. I don't know what to do. Mom doesn't want me getting involved, and it's killing me. What do I do Soph?" He asks turning to me.

I give him a small smile and hug him. "We'll get through this Logan. Let your mom handle it. She's smart. She'll know what to do. If Derreck Mitchell is helping her, you have nothing to worry about. Even if your dad is an amazing lawyer, so is he. He won't let your dad take Ashley away." I said raking his hands and giving them a don't squeeze.

"Maybe you're right. Thank you, Soph. I haven't talked to anyone about this. It feels good to finally have someone to listen to me."

He slowly kisses my forehead and pulls me to his chest. "Look at me? Here I am talking away about my problems when I'm supposed to be here to comfort you about your mom." He chuckles and nods his head.

"We'll get through all this together Logan. That's what friends are for." I said, regretting my choice of words.

"Friends?" He asks, looking at me confused.

"Friends," I say, standing to my feet.

"Logan, we are both dealing with a lot right now. This is the time when we both need to be united. To be there for each other."

"And we are, we will Soph. We'll fight this together." He says standing next to me, hugging me from behind.

"But the thing is. . . we are not united, Logan. You doubted me. You doubted me when I told you the truth. We both have to clear our minds, think of what we want, and-"

"Sophie, I want you. No one else. I need you, babe, please don't do this."

"I'm sorry. But maybe we both should reflect on this relationship. Where do we see it go from here? Give each other time and space." I said, letting my tears fall freely.

"No. Please, Sophie, don't do this. I'm sorry. I really am." His eyes filled with tears, holding my hands, and pulled me towards him. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, tightening his grip on me.

"I know. And I'm glad you know the truth now. But that is not enough for me. I need to know that we can both trust each other and be there for each other no matter what. And right now? It looks as though we both need to give it time. I'm sorry Logan. I, I love you. I hope you know that. But until I'm sure you can trust me, we can't be together." I said walking away from a few steps towards the four.

"I'm going to prove to you,  Soph. I am. I love you, and I swear I will do anything, and everything I can to win you back. I love you." He says interlacing my fingers with his.

He pulls my arm, joining our couple tattoos we got a few weeks ago.

"This! This is real Sophie. My love for you is real. And this tattoo proves it. You and I are meant to be."

He pulls me, claiming my lips softly against his. Our tongues softly molded together, as if they were meant for each other. I can't understand how perfect his kiss always feels.

His left hand holding me right, as his right hand interlaces in my hair. I can't help but embrace the kiss, running my hands around his waist and holding him tight.

I'm uncertain what will happen next. Whether this would really be the end for us as a couple or not. But I'm determined to remain positive. I will be there for him and his family in this time of need, just as they have been there for my family.

But for now, the only thing important is to see my mom well and recovered.

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨