You Got It Bad

✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞

✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞

Logan drives speeding off towards her house. She holds her backpack to her chest looking out the window.

Sophie softly opens the door and gets out of the car. "Thank you for the ride." She looks down to the ground and turns on her heel, walking towards the gate to the entrance to her house.

He sighs, placing his car in drive and speeding away.
*****

Logan sits on one of his beanbags while Steven sits on the other one. The game console is on full volume as they both tap away fiercely on the controllers.

"So come on man. Tell me! How bad was it to be here studying with Sophie? She didn't try to kill you did she?" Steven chuckles while he continues to play.

Logan sighs and nods his head. "Shut up and focus on the game will you?"

Steven chuckles and nods his head. "That bad huh?"

"Shut it, Steven! I mean it." Steven pauses the game and turns his body towards Logan.

"Ok! Spill it, man. You've been fucking acting really weird since you saw her at the party! What's up?"

"Nothing alright! Now unpause the damn game." He gestures to him, pointing towards the controller.

Steven chuckles and nods, hanging his head down. "Come on man! See? That's what I mean! You've been acting really weird all day. And now, you're acting like a jackass! Just like when she took off after the party. What's with the damn temper man?"

"Fuck Steven just let it go, ok? Now start the damn game." He reaches for Steven's controller, but Steven pulls it away and laughs.

"Dude! Give me a break man. I'm your best bro! You can't lie to me. Something's up. Now spill it."

He runs his hand through the back of his neck and sighs deeply. "You know, I spent all summer with you and your dad in Chicago and that damn business cruise he took us in. All you did was talk about how miserable you were going to make Sophie's life this year. So, tell me again why the hell you have been doing nothing but staring at her all day? Something's up and you're not telling me. Did this have anything to do with Amber breaking up with you over the phone this summer?"

Logan chuckles, his hands crossed over his knees and back slightly slouched.

"Nah, man! I knew since July she was messing with Carter. She had been posting damn pictures online with him. She spent all summer with that guy. I don't care! She can do whatever the hell she wants."

"So, Sophie? What's your deal? I thought you were gonna prank her from day one. What changed?"

Logan hangs his head low and looks slowly at Steven. "I don't know ok. I'm having a hard time understanding it too. But, when I saw her sitting at the table with that new guy? And how changed she came back, I mean she was beautiful before you know? But-" He runs his fingers through his hair and holds them at the back of his neck.

Steven chuckles in disbelief " Oh man! Dude, I'm sorry to say this, but you got it bad for Sophie man!" He laughs taunting Logan, throwing his head back.

Logan hits him on his arm and clenches his jaw. "Fuck you, Steven! I'm not crushing on Sophie! Alright?"

"Yeah! I can see that. And you didn't get jealous seeing her next to Dylan at all at the party. Or today at school, right?" He chuckles, nodding his head and turning the console game back on.

"Face it, man! You got it bad for Sophie. I mean, I can't blame you. She looks hot as hell with that new look. If you don't make a move on her soon? I'm sure Dylan is gonna end up asking her out." Steven looks at him from the side and laughs as he sees Logan clench his jaw.

They have always been best friends since they could remember and knows quite well when Logan is mad, and right now? Logan is pissed as hell, besides the streak of jealousy written all over his face.

They continue playing for a bit longer, silently and uninterrupted.

"You really think Dylan might ask her out?" Logan finally breaks the silence between them. Steven bursts out laughing and punches him on his arm.

"I knew it! Bitch you can't lie to me. I know you better than your own momma boy! I knew you secretly crushed on her!" Logan laughed and hits him back on his arm.

They both laugh and end the game silently. "What am I going to do man? She hates my guts. She's used to me being an ass to her. How am I going to get her to talk to me without thinking I'm going to do something bad to her?"

Steven bites his lip looking towards the floor. "Yeah! Forget it, man! Might as well start writing her and Dylan a congratulation on the wedding note. You got no chance man!" Steven laughs making Logan clench his jaw.

"Fuck you, Steven! That's the help I get from your ass? Who the fuck needs enemies when I got you as my wingman bitch? You're the worst you know that?" Steven laughs out loud and lets himself fall to the ground. Rolling with laughter, Logan sits on the beanbag, his face red with fury and disbelief.

"Come on man! I was just kidding." Steven slowly sits back up and wipes the tears from his eyes from laughter.

"I think. . . You gotta talk to her. Come on man! You can get any girl to fall for you in that school. I'm sure you can sweet talk her into going out on a date too." Steven sits mimicking Logan's pose.

"She won't fall for stupid materialistic shit and fancy words Steven. She's, different."

"Well, you better think of something man! Otherwise, you're gonna lose your chance to the new guy."

"Boys dinner!" Logan's mom calls out to them from the bottom of the stairs.

Steven jolts up quickly and runs out of his room and towards the kitchen. A habit of his to come over daily to eat dinner with them.

"Unbelievable! " Logan nods his head laughing and running out behind him.

They both sit at their regular seat and his mom comes along setting the plates before them. Both wasted no time digging into their meals. Ashley rolls her eyes nodding and sitting in her seat. "Boys! You two are such pigs."

Steven mimicked her in a sarcastic tone making Logan's mom laugh.
"Alright, alright! Ashley, sit down and eat honey. Guys, you're on dish duty today. I gotta work late on a few papers today. Ok?" Logan looks at her concerned. He can always tell when something is bothering his mom. But being that Steven is here, he shakes it off. Leaving it for a later conversation with her.

"No problem Riley. I'll be happy to help with the dishes. Right, Logan?" She laughs, placing her handkerchief on her lap and grabbing her fork.

"It's Mrs. Spencer, Steven. Not Riley." She looks at him sternly and begins to eat.

"Awe come on now Riley! I thought I was family?" He says chuckling.

"You are! But I'm twice, or more your age and married, do you forget?"

He cringes his face and pouts. "Fine! Logan and I will do the dishes, Ri- I mean, Mrs. Spencer." He looks down and everyone laughs, enjoying each other's company as they enjoy their meal.

✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞