It's Essential

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨💞✨

Sophie

I was almost finished with my breakfast when the door opened. I glanced overseeing Troy and Dylan laughing as they walked in.

"Oh good, you guys are finally here." Logan stands giving them a bro-hug each and walked back with them to our table. He kisses my cheek and sits next to me.

"Hey, guys! Have a seat. We just started eating so make yourself comfy." Mom said as she places plates in front of Troy and Dylan. They both dig in grabbing lots of mom's turkey bacon, waffles, and eggs.

"So, you guys came to celebrate Logan's birthday breakfast too? That's awesome T! Thank you." I said smiling at them as I grabbed more orange juice for me and Logan.

"Well duh, baby girl!" Troy says making me roll my eyes and smile. "Well. . .that, and because I'm not passing on the opportunity to go free shoo-." He says getting a kick on the knee from under the table from Dylan.

"Shut it!" Dylan utters out through gritted teeth.

I looked at them confused and turned towards Logan who had a guilty look on his face. "What do you mean free shoo- what?" Mom asked with a concerned tone.

"Don't worry Hailey. Logan has a surprise for Sophie, but I promise she won't get hurt." Logan's mom replies hugging my mom over her shoulders.

She whispers in her ear and my mom's eyes open wide and honestly, it's making me a bit nervous. "Wait. . .no! She can't! I, I'm sorry but no." My mom responds concerned and looks between me and Logan.

"Hailey, it's nothing bad. She needs to learn this! It's very essential for a girl to know how to. . . you know. It could come in handy someday. Besides, Logan has been doing this every year with his dad since he was ten. He's an expert. He will not let anything happen to her, I promise." She looks at my mom and it makes me more curious about what Logan had up his sleeves now.

I clear my throat and look at Logan with a serious glare. He smiles and kisses my nose. "Nope! I'm not telling you. It's a surprise. And you two better shut your mouth!" He points towards T and Dylan making them giggle. He pouts and gives my mom puppy eyes making her giggle.

My mom sighs and rolls her eyes "Ok. Fine. But if anything happens to her, I will hang you myself, Logan." He reacts by getting up and kissing my mom on her cheek hugging her tight. "Yes! Thank you, Mrs. P! I promise I will take care of her with my life! Nothing will happen to Sophie. I promise." He says cheerfully making my mom and his mom chuckle.

"What about you guys? Are you going with us too?" I look over at Meghan, Ashley, and my brothers. "Nope! We're going to the mall and then heading home to set for dinner to celebrate Logan's birthday.

"Oh, ok. Well, have fun then." I reply cheerfully.
****

The boys decided to take Troy's hummer to our destination. Lexie was dropped off by her dad as we were loading a cooler with drinks for the road and a big picnic basket my mom and Riley, Logan's mom prepared for us while we had finished getting ready.