Chapter 16

Miley

I stood leaning against the wall, calming my rising and falling chest.

"Miss?" a strange voice came from my right.

I turned to find a man who was dressed like all the employees but strangely I never saw him before. His clothes were dirty while he was barefoot.
His face was ashen and dark circles surrounded his eyes.
A small weird smile was on his face which gave me goosebumps.

"Yes?" I said.

"Are those luggage yours which are lying in the hall?" he asked.

I frowned and asked "what luggage?"

"Come with me, I'll show you" he said but I took a step back.

My instincts were warning me to stay away from him while adrenaline released in my body.

I looked around to notice I was the only one standing here with the man.

Suddenly, my mind screamed to leave as I shook my head and turned to leave.

As I took another step something sharp hit my head making my body numb.

I felt myself hitting the floor while my eyes were partially closed.

I was being dragged... I knew it but my body was too weak to resist.
Finally my eyes closed to get some sleep for which my body was craving.

*

I felt something piercing my skin which made my eyes open.

I saw the man with knife writing something on my skin.

"What are you doing?" I shouted at him.
Hearing my voice his hand stopped while he raised his head to give me a creepy grin.

"My wife, you woke up" he smiled crazily. "Now I can teach you all the responsibilities of a wife."

I screamed crazily when his fingers touched my cheeks.

Trying to push him away I noticed my legs and arms were tied across the ends of the bed.

"YOU CRAZY MAN LET ME GO" I shouted again.

"Don't say this wife, it's okay. I'm here with you. I'll never leave you" he said caressing my hair. I tried to stay as far as I could from his touch but the bed surface under me was opposing.

"Now I'll give you a tattoo of my name so you'll never go out with other man... Other man?" I noticed the change in his behavior when he tightly held the knife in his hand.

His eyes shot towards me while his other hand grabbed my neck.

"You sl*t, how dare you cheat on me" he hissed as the force on my neck kept increasing.
I tried to move my body but the ropes stopped me to.

My mouth tried to form words but the absence of air made it impossible.

Suddenly the hand retracted giving me the access of air. I took deep breaths and a tear fell from my eye.

"Wife, I never wanted to do this... I'm so-" his words were cut and a grunt was heard but my eyes were blurry due to the presence of moisture in it.

I felt my hands being untied and a pair of arms helped me to get up.

As the tears fell from my eyes, I saw Aiden looking at my wound.

He shouted to call the ambulance and tried to stop the blood which was flowing out of my hand.

"You sl*t, you're cheating on me again. You wh*re, I'll get you back when I'll kill this lover boy of yours. Y-" his words were interrupted when Cole punched his face.

The words hit me deeply, I tried to remind myself the unworthiness of the man but still it affected me. The man was reminding me of all the incidents happened years ago.
The memories I don't want to remember but it reappeared now. My brain was messing up as everything around me became blurry.

*

'Sl*t' the voice echoed.
I heard several voices insulting me, body-shaming me but one familiar voice was distinct from other voices.

My mother's voice... I could hear her calling me various names.

It was clearly audible that she was calling me a sl*t, wh*re, shameless...

Suddenly everything became quite and turned red.

It was blood everywhere, I was standing on someone's b-blood.

My eyes opened as I rapidly started breathing. I noticed my surrounding where Aiden was sitting next to me.
His hand was resting on mine as he was looking at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

I nodded and moved my eyes to other corners where I saw everyone looking at me carefully.

"What h-happened?" I asked slowly.

"That man took you to the room where you and me were hiding yesterday and he... He tried to write something on your hand" Aiden explained, I felt his thumb making circles on my hand while his eyes were connected to mine.
"When you ran inside I came to find you after five minutes but you weren't there, then I noticed a trail of blood on the floor and I called everyone. We tried finding you and then we heard some scream from the third floor and... we found you like that"

"The man?" I asked, tears were started forming in the corner of my eyes.

"The cops took him. He was a psychopath. He killed his wife because she was cheating on him and was hiding in the resort. He saw you and thought you were his wife" Aiden looked at my tears and wiped it from his thumb.
"You're okay now" he said kissing my forehead.

I nodded and shut my eyes.

"Is she okay?" I heard a man's voice and I looked at the door.

"Miley, are you okay? I'm Michael, Cole's father" Michael introduced himself while I just smiled.

"I heard what happened, I'm extremely sorry for that. It was our staffs' mistake that we didn't see that man earlier. Please tell me what can I do to compensate?" he pleaded.

I looked at Aiden who was just staring at me.

"It's okay" I said softly.

"I'm really sorry, please let me pay your hospital bills" he requested looking at me guiltily.

I nodded and shut my eyes again.
I could hear some mumbling but I ignored all those noises and dragged myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~
Hi guys, hope you guys liked this chapter, please make sure to
Vote
Comment
Share