Chapter 37

Aiden

I retreated my hand again. Her breathing was even and the faint light from moon showed me her relaxed face.
I wanted to be the first one to wish her on her birthday but I didn't want to wake her up either. She was sleeping without any fear today which was rare in her case and snatching that moment from her just to fulfill my selfish need didn't quite seem nice.

Looking at the time which was 12:04am currently, I decided to wait until tomorrow.

Closing my eyes, I again tried to sleep but before I could loose myself to sleep, Miley turned towards my side and her hand fell on the 'not very appropriate place'. All the muscles on my body tensed and I tried to sink my lower body in my bed.

Taking some deep breath and praying not to get any reaction down there, I brought my hand to hold her hand which was sprawled on my d*ck carelessly.

Thinking about SpongeBob, I removed her hand but unfortunately couldn't remove the touch which I was still feeling.
Adding spice to the situation, Miley softly snored reminding me about the closeness we had at the moment. Feeling an obvious presence which needed my or better to say Miley's attention discomforted me a lot.

Different thoughts passed my mind about Miley and I, which were very inappropriate and I kind of felt guilty thinking about such thing about her without her knowledge.

But she was the origin of my desperate state, so I couldn't fully blame myself.

I got up and sat on the bed, deciding whether to go and take a shower in the middle of a night or not. My brain worried about her and played many situations where she could need me but due to my absence it could worsen her situation but my body wanted to ease my ache and was pushing me to take a shower.

But if I didn't take a shower I would wake up with a boner and what if she saw it and got scared?

Immediately rushing to the bathroom, I stripped and stepped inside. The cold shower shivered me completely but provided the relief I wanted.

Coming back I saw her back turned to me where I joined her.

Miley

"Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty" I heard Aiden laugh as I pressed the pillows tighter to my ears.
"Hurry up, wake up. We have to go somewhere" he shook me again.

Finally with a last yawn, I got up blinking my eyes rapidly to remove the left sleep from my eyes.

"Happy birthday" a kiss was placed on my cheeks.

"How do you know-"

"I know everything about you sweetheart" he replied before I could complete my sentence.
"Kidding, that's kind of creepy to be honest. Jessica told me about your birthday."

Nodding I removed the comforter from my legs and stood up to leave for the bathroom.

Stepping out in the living room I saw Aiden waiting for me with the plates ready.

I smiled looking at his commitment. I didn't realise the tears until I felt my eyes blurry. Wiping them instantly, I took my seat next to him.

"You smell good" he whispered taking a bite from his garlic bread.

I silently ate thinking about the dream I had last night which forced me to turn my head to look at Aiden. He saved me in my dream which was a big deal for me and my emotions. Recently, I felt safer with him than usual. The way he used to extend his hand assured me that he would be here with me no matter how much I hesitated. I didn't know whether he knew it or not but holding my hand in his hands was one of the major reasons I felt safe with him.