Chapter 9

Miley

"What the hell are you doing here?" I shouted when my eyes recognized the intruder who was none other than Joseph.

But he was busy glaring at Aiden who was mirroring his expressions.

"Why is he here?" Joseph asked gritting his teeth. His hands were curled into a fist and anger on his face was as clear as water. I wanted him to calm down to avoid any violence but Aiden beat me to it and replied before I could.

"I'm her boyfriend. I have every right to be in here but why are you here" Aiden asked putting her hand possessively on my shoulder which irked him more than before.

"Miley, I know you still love me. I know I messed up baby but I want you back. I have learnt my lesson. Please come back. Please tell me you still feel for me." Even though it was pleading but it didn't feel like it. It held authority.

"Feel for you? The only thing I feel right now is to have spicy Cheetos. And I love you? Where are you living? Under a rock?" I retorted, turning to Aiden I asked him drop me to the library ignoring Joseph who was standing there ready to pounce on Aiden. But I was also aware of the patience Aiden was holding by a thin thread which was ready to break.

Leaving the room, I descended the stairs and waited for Aiden who accompanied me after a few minutes.

"Let's go" I said blankly earning a frown on his face.

"Do you still... " the words didn't come out of his mouth but I knew what he wanted to know.

I shook my head and looked at him. "I hate that person. I just want to delete him from my life like p*rn from my Google history. So don't even doubt on my feelings" I said walking to his car.

*

"We all are going on a trip" Cole announced excitedly.

"Trip? But what about our classes?" I asked.

"I was expecting a nerdy question" Samuel chuckled without looking up from his phone. I wouldn't be surprised if he ever married his phone seeing the amount of attention he gives it.

"It's from Friday to Sunday, so there's no issue in that. You have one class on Friday but that's cancelled. Problem solved" Aiden informed while I processed the information in my brain.

Nodding my head I continued devouring my pizza, blessing the person who invented pizza.

"Dude what the hell happened to his face?" Zayn suddenly said catching my attention. I turned to where he was looking till my eyes fell on Joseph's black eye and the pepperoni which was between my teeth fell out of my mouth.

My head snapped towards Aiden while he ate his slice guiltily. He looked up meeting my eyes showing me a small grin. 
Giving him another glare, I felt his fingers rubbing my bottom lip to remove the cheese from it. I rose up to make my way to the bathroom.

Returning from the bathroom, I again saw Kris sitting on my chair next to my friends, flirting with my boyfriend.

Fake

My inner self reminded.
Yeah, yeah, fake boyfriend.

Being not in the mood to argue, I turned my heels to the opposite direction and left.

*

"Any questions?" the professor asked, while I struggling to remember what he just taught. But my brain preferred Aiden to think of.

Screw him!

Yeah you do want to.

I mean screw him, I didn't care about him. And by the way I had already screwed him.

"Hey" a voice forced me to turn my head to my right.

"You dropped this" a cute and familia- Elijah said giving me my pen back.

"Thanks" I said and added "so we met again?"

"Yeah, actually I have seen you around but didn't know we had a lecture together" he said.

I nodded due to my wordless self.

When the lecture ended, we both went out together discussing about our lectures and our interests.  

"Miley, are you free this weekend? he asked shyly, a tint of pink covered his cheeks.

"No, my girlfriend isn't free" someone snapped behind Elijah as I turned to my right to see who it was.

Of course, the great Aiden decided to bless us with his presence. All hail Aiden.

"Oh, then what abou-" before Elijah said something further Aiden butted in. Did I add rudely?

"No, she's not free" he said coldly.

"Elijah, I'll text you when I'll get time" I added smiling, to prove Aiden that I was not his puppet.

He smiled back and left.

"What was that?" Aiden barked as always.

"That was a conversation which you ruined" I replied walking away from him but he just followed me.

"You can't just go around messing with everyone."

"I'm not messing around. He's my friend and you have no right to tell me what I should do" I yelled before leaving him.

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes to find him standing at the same place.

Idiot, he ruined my mood.

*

Was he gonna call me?

The day had ended and so did my jobs but Aiden didn't call me once. He picked me up from the cafe but didn't utter a word. Guilt surrounded my mind while I typed his number on my phone. It wasn't even my fault but I was still feeling sad.

Someone called before I tried to call him.

"Yes,Jessica" I sighed.

"Yes, Jessica? This is the first sentence you said? Do you know how many times have I texted you?" she asked, a slight anger held in her voice but there was no harm in that.

"I'm sorry I am busy nowadays" I replied slowly.

"So... Is everything is fine?" she asked softly.

"Yeah, you don't need to worry. Are you okay? How is Katie?" I asked, distracting the conversation away from me.

"Everything's fine. Katie is fine too. I want to meet you this weekend."

Why was everyone obsessed with my weekend?

"Not this weekend" I said.

"Why?" she asked.

"I'm going out with my friends" I told her.

A gasp was audible from the other side. Was it so unbelievable?

"Okay no issue but just meet me once. Okay? It's important" she said as I nodded and hung up.

Well, she didn't see my nod.

~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys liked this chapter, please make sure to
Vote
Comment
_______
Fill in the blank 😂