Chapter 17

Miley

"Here... Don't touch it. I'm feeding you, don't move your arm" Aiden scolded me when I tried to take the bowl.

He brought the spoon near his lips and blew some air to cool it down.
I was busy staring at his lips when he waited for me to open my mouth to eat.

After feeding me, he went back to the kitchen while I just sat on the bed quietly.

It's been two days since the incident, I was discharged from the hospital but Aiden brought me to his house because he thought I can't take care of myself.

What he didn't know was I took care of myself for so many years, I never wanted anyone in my life. But he and his stubbornness.

He came back to the room with some books which he put on the bed next to me.

"Here, you can study but only for one hour. Don't stress yourself and stop if your head hurts" he instructed, and got up to adjust my pillows as to make sure I was comfortable.

"Yes, dad" I said laughing but he just looked at me and... Left?

Lately, Aiden was behaving weirdly. After the incident, he took care of me so nicely but also was so distant from me. He wasn't himself. There was something that was bothering him but he decided not to tell me and I decided not to be intrusive.

"Hey, nerd" I heard Cole's playful voice so I closed my book  before looking up.

"I missed you so much" I said extending my arms for a hug. "Where have you been?"

"I was in the resort to sort out some things" he said hugging me. "How are you?"

"I'm good now" I said smiling like a maniac.

"Hi Miley" I heard another voice behind Cole as Cole moved away to let me see the owner of the voice.

"Oh my god, hi" I was shocked to find Mia standing near the door.

We just met once so I never expected her to come here.

"Heard you had some accident" she stepped nearer observing all my bandages. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, thank you" I said.

"Cole this is Mia, my friend" I turned to Cole who was already staring at her.

"Mia Khal-" I threw a pillow at his face before he completed his sentence.

"Sorry for that" I gave Mia an apologetic smile, "Mia, he's Cole"

"Hi, nice to meet you" she said uncomfortably looking everywhere else but at Cole.

"Cole why not you go and meet Aiden while we talk here" I suggested. He gave me a pout but eventually left before winking at Mia.

"Don't mind him, he's an as*hole" I said.

"No, it's alright. I just heard someone talking about you and Aiden. And then I got to know about the accident. So, I came to check" she told me giving a sympathetic smile.

"That is so sweet of you,thank you. I'm fine now" I replied."By the way, what about you? Do you still have feelings for-" I tried remembering her name but failed. My hands automatically went to my chest gesticulating huge boobs.

Her eyes stopped on my hands and then met my eyes and she smiled making me smile which soon turned to laughter.

"She rejected me and not only this that b*tch is rude as f*ck" the sudden angry outburst followed by cursing caught me off guard.
She looked at me worridly when she tapped twice on my shoulder but I didn't respond.

"Wow" I said unconsciously.

"Do I need to call a doctor?" she chuckled.

"Nah, just gonna take two minutes to recover from the atomic bomb of curses you dropped" I laughed. "But still girl, you deserve better"

"Thanks Miley, let's party after you recover" she said.

"Yeah sure, maybe you'll meet someone new there" I grinned as Cole and Aiden carefully stepped in.

"It's time for your meds" he said putting all the medicines on my hand.

"I'll leave now, if you ever need me just call me okay" she left the room.

After taking my medicines, I rested my head on the wall behind me. Hearing some footsteps outside my room I smiled.

"I forgot to share my number" hearing Mia, I burst into laughter.

"So you figured it out, Sherlock" I teased her while she dialled her number in my phone.

"You can rest now" she said and left again.

*

I woke up and stretched my arms while looking around, I reached to my phone to see the time.

Getting up, I walked downstairs expecting to find Aiden cooking dinner but he was nowhere to be seen.

I knocked on his door but got silence in response.

Defeatedly, I returned to my room where I saw him coming out of my bathroom.

"I was looking for you. Why were you in there?"

"It's time for your bath so I was checking the temperature of water" he replied awkwardly.

My cheeks got red when I remembered him offering help while I took a bath the first time I came here.

That day, he was scratching the back of his neck which he always did when he was nervous and said "I've kept everything you need in there but I... Will accompany you to the bath."

"What? No, you can't" I retreated as my left foot bumped into something. Aiden reacted quickly, holding me carefully as he said "your wounds cannot touch water. I have to help you."

"I'll manage."

"Miley, it's not time to act stubborn. You're taking a bath and I'm coming with you" he said holding me firmly.

"I'm not getting naked in front of you" I replied with emotions full of awkwardness, shyness, and a pinch of irritation.

"You don't have to. You can still be in your underwear. Try to understand, I'll help you to take a bath so that the wound doesn't touch water and you can't do that alone" he pleaded looking into my eyes. "Please."

"Fine" I whispered.

"You okay?" I heard Aiden's voice cutting through my thoughts making me look at him dumbfoundedly.

"Yeah"

"Come" he extended his hand for me to hold it. I gave him a smile and locked our hands.

Words would fail to describe the awkwardness of the situation while Aiden just stood there staring at the wall and on the other hand I stripped in front of him.

As I was done stripping and was left in my underwear, I steped in the bathtub when Aiden led my hand on his shoulder to avoid contact with water.

It was silent as usual which I tried to break when I said "is something bothering you?"

I knew he was taken aback when he looked at me like I stepped on his weak spot.

"Why? I'm fine" he said putting the bottle of shampoo back to its place.

"You're acting weirdly, you're not being yourself. You are acting like a gentleman" I said frowning.

A smile crept his lips as he said "so you don't like me as a gentleman?"

"No, I want your a*shole self back" I said stubbornly.

~~~~~~~
Now, as you guys don't vote and comment usually, so lemme use my ultimate weapon
▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

If you didn't Vote or Comment then I'M NOT GOING TO ADD ANY SMUT IN THIS NOVEL.

Now, I can see you voting. 😂