Chapter 34

Miley

I sat on the bed where he slept every night. His room was spacious but I still felt confined in it. The navy blue walls matched the curtains. The rag in my hand reminded me of my initial plan which was to clean.

Before Aiden left, he handed me a piece of paper where my schedule was written. He commanded me to complete all the work which included cleaning. I lie down and stared at the ceiling.

Closing my eyes, I remembered him.

"You will clean the house and don't forget to clean my room. I can really see the layers of dirt on my desk" he said, noting it down on the paper.
"Don't forget to water the plants, if they di-" he stopped abruptly and looked at me. "And don't forget to eat the gummy bears I bought for you. You really have no idea about the effort I put in, buying those new flavour. The storm of kids were approaching towards me and I had to run faster so that I could reach to the aisle first. It was dangerous" he put his hand on his heart, like he was checking his heartbeat.

"I'll check everything. And if you feel like you're alone then check the text I sent you", he quickly added "but not now. Only if you feel like... You know, uneasy."

He scooted closer and held my hand in his. "I'll come as soon as possible, so please bear three hours without me."

"I'll be fine" I said the first time after one hour instructions of what to do and what not to.

"I really hope so. Don't overthink, if you can't control your thoughts then you know what to do right?" He pointed to my phone and I nodded.

He stood up and placed a kiss on my cheek before walking to the door. "I'll be back soon. Wait for me, beautiful."

With another sigh, I opened my eyes and raised my body to sit on the bed.

My eyes scanned the desk which was supposed to be covered in layers of dirt but wasn't. I stood up and lazily wiped the desk, then my eyes fell on the cactus on the window frame. Aiden named it Ailey. I still remembered the shine in his eyes and the smile on his face when he was explaining me the meaning of the name. It meant light in Irish and Aiden said he agreed. For him we both brought light in each other's life which I still had problems in finding how I brought light in his life. Letting the topic slide I stayed silent that day but now the question was growing on me and I was determined to ask him one day.

Giving it another look, I was distracted by the car moving on the road. It was the same black car. The same model which hit dad that day.

"No" I reminded me. Clenching the rag, I started wiping the desk furiously. When my hands stopped I saw them shaking in fear. The room suddenly felt pokier. Leaving the room, I carelessly threw the rag somewhere and sat on the couch. Picking up the random magazine, I started flipping the pages but didn't bother to look at it.

It was the around this time when she brought the man in the house. 

"No. No. No, don't think" I reminded myself. "Please, don't think."

I threw the magazine and strode to the kitchen. My eyes noticed the packet of gummy bears Aiden was talking about. I opened it and picked three at a time and shoved it in my mouth. Chewing those bears, I concentrated on the new flavour Aiden was talking about. Indeed it was new, it had sour taste at first but they were sweet when I crushed them between my teeth.

They were coming back, I was on guard but couldn't control it. I looked around the kitchen to see everything cleaned. There were no dishes in the sink an-
I saw my dad's body. Again.
His body smeared with blood and my brain reminded me about the nightmare I had.