Chapter 40

Miley

The following day was just like our normal day. Aiden, preparing breakfast while I was setting plates. Also, Aiden pretending to burn his finger to steal kisses from me which I liked a lot but acted opposite of my feelings.

"Do you want to watch a show with me?" Aiden suggested.

"Yeah sure, but did you do the laundry?" I asked, taking a bite of my toast.

"Yeah... And I really liked that black lace underwear of yours. Puts thoughts in my head" he said taking another mouthful of pancake.

"Pervert" I muttered to myself before taking a sip of my coffee.

"Do you want something else?" He asked taking his plate to the sink.

Shaking my head, I stretched before standing up and doing the same.

I was about to leave before Aiden hugged me from behind preventing me to walk away.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing" he replied, putting a kiss on my neck.

"Then let me go" I said trying to break the cage he made for me.

"Never."

After staying still for some minutes I started growing impatient.
"Aiden" I yelled pushing him away.

Walking to the couch, I picked up the novel I was reading currently. Aiden soon joined me putting his head on my shoulder while his arms went inside my hoodie from both, front and back.
I would have elbowed him on the face if his hands were cold.
A giggle escaped my lips thinking about elbowing him.

"What?" He asked raising his head from my shoulder.

"Nothing" I replied indifferently, continuing reading my novel.

He dropped his head from my shoulder to my chest and returned to my shoulder. Repeating the process thrice, he finally dropped like a dead on my laps.
Giving his head a sympathetic pat, I ignored his grumbles.
"I'm bored" he whined, burying his head in my stomach.

As I was reading, I felt Aiden putting his head inside my hoodie making me ticklish.

Holding my book in one hand, I started drawing calming shapes on his neck.

*

I closed the book, letting a satisfied sigh out from my lips after completing it. I realised Aiden hadn't moved past thrity minutes. His breath was constantly hitting my stomach. I removed the end of my hoodie from his face to see him sleeping peacefully making my heart swell.

I leaned towards the table to put my novel back and then placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Aiden?" I whispered softly. "Get up, sleep in the bedroom... It's uncomfortable here..."

He yawned before half-opening his eyes looking at me. He raised up from my laps and straightened his legs on the couch and laying down while pulling me partially on him too.

"I couldn't sleep last night" he whispered.

"Why?"

"I was feeling you after you were asleep" he said, the smile on his face was obvious.

"Pervert" I muttered before getting up making his eyebrows furrow.

Walking in the bedroom I brought the comforter and sat on the couch to lay it on us. After he hugged me tightly against his body before covering our body in the comforter he fell asleep.
While I laid down looking at his hoodie, touching his skin and other things to entertain myself which didn't last longer than ten minutes.