Dog and Cat On a Team?

Nova's look was deadly. Her honey eyes seemed as if a fire was living within them. Her golden locket sat atop her grey shirt. Her black leather jacket, shielding her from the cold air. Her black ripped skinny jeans and black converses completely her cliche look. Her caramel held slight natural beach waves reached just past her shoulder blades.

"Nova!" Ron yelled. "Run! It's him! It's Black!"

Nova did not listen to Ron's pleas. She simply turned her wand to the man standing in the corner, hidden by the shadows.

"Come out you bloody coward," Nova growled dangerously.

"Nova! Run!" Ron pleaded again.

"Ronald! Shut your mouth! I'm not leaving!" Nova said with raw emotion. "Now, zip it before I shove a sock in it!"

Ron stayed silent.

Nova glared at the man before her. Her fiery honey meeting cold metal. But when his eyes met hers, they softened.

Nova took no notice.

"You really must love your cell in Azkaban, father," Nova spat. "'Cause right now, you're on your way for longer than life. Kidnapping. Child abuse. Illegal animagus. Murder. Betrayal."

"Nova, please," He began to plead.

"No." Nova hissed. "Twelve years without you! Twelve! The first thing you do? Try and murder my best friend! And repeatedly try to kill my favorite ginger! I can't let you go through with your plan, Black."

"Nova-" Sirius began in a broken voice. 

Nova didn't see a broken man. She saw the man the was out to kill her family. 

"Twelve years without you," Nova growled. However, if anyone was paying attention, they could see the tears beginning to pool in her eyes. "I learned to survive without you. I didn't need you then. And I sure as hell don't need you now."

Ron held a whithering Scabbers in his hands. 

Harry kicked down the door just as Nova had. Hermione trailing in after him. 

"Ron — are you okay?" 

"Where's the dog?" 

"Where's Nova?"

"Not a dog," Ron moaned. His teeth were gritted with pain."Harry, it's a trap —"

"What —"

"He's the dog . . . he's an Animagus. . . ."

"Really, Darlin?" Nova tried in a joking voice, but one could tell she was angry. Not with Harry, but with Black. "You didn't need to kick the door down. I already did that."

Harry turned to face his godfather. 

A mass of filthy, matted hair hung to his elbows. If eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might have been a corpse. The waxy skin was stretched so tightly over the bones of his face, it looked like a skull. His yellow teeth were bared in a grin. It was Sirius Black. 

"Expelliarmus!" he croaked, pointing Ron's wand at them.

Nova, Harry, and Hermione's wand flew to his hands. 

"Get your filthy hand off my wand!" Nova demanded. "I'll have to sterilize it now!"

Black ignored her and turned to Harry. 

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. His voice sounded as though he had long since lost the habit of using it. "Your father would have done the same for me. Brave of you, not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful . . . it will make everything much easier. . . ."