Nova's Endless Sleep

Nova is dead. 

Or at least that's what it looks like. 

Both Harry and Nova were dead asleep. 

However, Harry's breath was deep and at a safe rate. Nova's were shallow, and Hermione frequently made sure she had a pulse. 

Luckily, Harry began to wake up. 

Hermione left Nova's bedside with a sigh. Of course, she loved Harry and wanted him to be okay, but she wanted to be there if Nova needed something. 

"Lucky the ground was so soft." 

"I thought they were dead for sure." 

"But he didn't even break his glasses." 

Harry had no clue what was happening. He was even more clueless than he normally was, and he is always lost without Hermione and Nova. It was mostly Hermione that helped. Nova would laugh and make jokes, but when things got really bad, Nova would be the first to react. 

"That was the scariest thing I've ever seen in my life." 

Harry's eyes snapped open. He found himself in the hospital wing surrounded by the Gryffindor Quidditch team, Ron, and Hermione. While Ron and Hermione looked as if they spontaneously jump into the Black lake, the Quidditch team looked as if they were rolling around in the mud. 

He looked among his visitors. Angelina. Katie. Fred. George. Ron. Hermione. Nova was nowhere to be found. 

"Harry!" said Fred, who looked extremely white underneath the mud. "How're you feeling?" 

Images flashed through Harry's mind. Dementors. Grim. Snitch. Someone's screams. Someone grabbing his arm. 

"What happened?" he said, sitting up so suddenly they all gasped. 

"You fell off," said Fred. "Must've been — what — fifty feet?" 

"We thought you'd died," said Katie, who was shaking. 

Hermione made a small, squeaky noise. Her eyes were extremely bloodshot. 

"But the match," said Harry. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?" 

No one said anything. The horrible truth sank into Harry like a stone. 

"We didn't — lose?" 

"Diggory got the Snitch," said George. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square . . . even Wood admits it." 

"Where is Wood?" said Harry, suddenly realizing he Wasnt there. 

"Still in the showers," said Fred. "We think he's trying to drown himself." 

Harry pulled at his hair, pulling his knees into his chest. He lost the match. 

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before." 

"There had to be one time you didn't get it," said George. 

"It's not over yet," said Fred. "We lost by ninety points, right? So if Hufflepuff loses to Ravenclaw and we beat Ravenclaw and Slytherin . . ."

"Hufflepuff'll have to lose by at least two hundred points," said George."But if they beat Ravenclaw . . ." 

"No way, Ravenclaw is too good. But if Slytherin loses against Hufflepuff . . ."

"It all depends on the points — a margin of a hundred either way —"

"Don't beat yourself up, Harry, you're still the best Seeker we've ever had," Fred reassured.