Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

School has been exceedingly boring for Nova. There was no Quidditch. There was no impending doom she and her friends needed to stop. 

All Nova had to do was school work. That's it. 

Even Minnie's classes became boring. Even Moody's classes became boring. 

Or at least they were until Mad-Eye shocked them by announcing they were going to be practicing to throw off the Imperius Curse. 

Nova thought it would be a great opportunity. If she could resist the mind-controlling curse, it would help in the field. Especially with the career she was leaning towards; an Auror. If she could resist the curse, she couldn't be as easily manipulated in the field. 

Hermione, however, did not seem too pleased. 

"But - but you said it's illegal, Professor," she had said as the group watched Moody clear the middle of the room. "You said- to use it against another human was -"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eye swiveling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare. "If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're excused. Off you go."

"I didn't mean that I wanted to leave," Hermione stammered. 

Harry and Ron grinned at each other, knowing she would rather die than miss any lesson. 

Nove flicked both their ears, as if saying not to tease. 

One by one, the students began to do the oddest things. Dean hopped around the classroom, singing the national anthem. Lavender was imitating a squirrel. Neville was flipping around the room like a gymnast, something everyone knew he wouldn't be able to do normally. 

Nobody was able to throw off the curse yet. 

"Potter," Moody growled, "you next."

He did the oddest thing Nova has ever seen him do. 

He jumped but restricted himself at the same time. His action caused him to faceplant. 

Nova sniggered along with the rest of the class. 

"Look at that, you lot...Potter fought! He fought it, and he damn near beat it! We'll try that again, Potter, and the rest of you, pay attention - watch his eyes, that's where you see it - very good, Potter, very good indeed! They'll have trouble controlling you!" Mad-Eye exclaimed gruffly. 

When Ron's turn came, he was forced to act like a cat. Hermione was forced to do the chicken dance. 

"Lupin-Black. Forward." Mad-Eye ordered. 

Nova simply shrugged and strolled forward casually. 

A nagging pain appeared in the back of Nova's mind took place she winced slightly. 

Pretend to be a dog!

A voice ordered in Nova's mind.

Nah, Nova thought to the voice. I don't fancy the action. What if I eat chocolate or something? That sounds much more pleasurable.

NOW! The voice demanded. 

Nova began to breakdance, amazing her fellow classmate. Even if they assume she was doing it under Moddy's control, they were awestruck. 

"That's not what I told you to do!" Moody yelled. 

"I know," Nova responded getting to her feet. "I didn't fancy acting like a dog. I may be a bitch, but I'm not that type of bitch."