Dafoot Blew Out My Candle

It was nearing the beginning of November. A lot has happened since the start of the term. 

Harry is convinced Draco is a Death Eater. Nova wouldn't put it past her cousin to stoop that low, but as she told Harry, "I believe you, but until I see that bloody mark on his arm, I will do nothing."

In reality, Nova knew she was just delaying the truth of the situation. 

The sexual tension between Ron and Hermione was at an all-time high when Hermione asked Ron to Slughorn's Christmas party. 

Harry has grown attached to the Halfblood Prince book. He had become some Potion Prodigy. Nova didn't care he was using it for class, she just wished she knew who the 'Halfblood Prince' was. 

Katie Bell was cursed, and Harry is convinced Draco did it. This meant Harry had to replace Katie with Dean as a chaser for the time being. 

There was talk around the school of slipping Harry and Nova a love potion. 

As of right now, Harry was studying the Map. Nova was due to be back from her patrol twenty minutes ago. 

When he looked down at the map, Nova wasn't on there. This meant she wasn't at Hogwarts, or at one place. 

Harry trusted Nova more than anything, but something didn't feel right. She is always back from her patrol on time. Even if she is late, it's never more than five minutes. 

In a split second's decision, Harry grabbed his Invisibility Clock and wand before setting off to the Room of Requirement. 

This was perhaps the best decision Harry had ever made. 

Nova sat in the Room of Requirement as she prepared her spell. 

Candles were placed at each point of her pentagram she had drawn with chalk. She sat in the middle of the star with a circle enclosing it. A single red candle Nova developed with the help of some potions sat in front of her. 

Once she had lit the candles, Nova picked up the knife from beside her before quickly dragging it across her palm. 

"Is she doing what I think she's doing?" Alex asked hesitantly. 

"I hope not," Lily murmured. 

Nova closed her eyes and began to chant in Latin. When she opened her eyes, she was face to face with her dad. Instead of greeting her with a smile, he had his arms crossed with the 'dad look' on his face. 

"Stop the spell, Lion," he said sternly. 

"No."

"Stop the spell before I stop it for you."

"But I can bring you and the others back!" Nova exclaimed. "I figured it out-"

"Nova," Sirius spoke. His curly hair hung around his face, framing it perfectly. "You can't bring us back."

"Yes, I can," Nova persisted as she began to chant once more. 

"Nova, stop." Sirius pleaded as he knelt down to her level. "Nothing can bring back the dead."

Nova didn't listen. She continued with her spell. 

Gold liquid began to spill from her nose. 

Sirius panicked. The doctors warned Remus and Sirius about this. If she were ever pushing herself too hard or using too much magic, gold blood would flow freely from her nose. It wouldn't be concerning if the blood didn't mean she was dying. 

"Nova! Stop!" Sirius roared. "Please! Stop!"

The same golden liquid began to spill from Nova's eyes.