The Veela And The Ginger

TW: Death, kidnapping/hostage-taking, battle, child screaming and crying

"What the bloody hell are you supposed to do with a sword?" Ron groaned. 

Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Nova all sat in Ron's attic bedroom. Today was Harry's seventeenth birthday, meaning he no longer had the trace. This also meant his birthday party was today. 

Today was also the day Remus gave Harry consent to marry his daughter. To which Harry thanked him but told him (rather nervously) that he had already given Nova a promise ring. When Remus asked why Harry told him exactly what he told Nova; she isn't property to be earned or sold. 

Remus, who was originally upset with the news, smiled. He said he was proud of the man Harry had become. He also informed Harry that he was upset with him, but, upon hearing his reasoning, instantly, accepted. 

"What if I just charge him head-on and stab him?" Nova questioned. 

"NO! DO NOT DO THAT!" Sirius yelled. "BAD NOVA! NO!"

The Golden Quartet was just granted with Dumbledore's will. Each received an object or two. 

Hermione received a children's book with random symbols spread throughout. It looked like a triangle with a circle in the middle and a line running vertically through the center. 

Ron received the deluminator; an invention by Dumbledore himself that turns off lights. 

Harry received the snitch from his very first quidditch match. 

Nova was given a black cloak and the Sword of Godric Gryffindor. However, Nova was not gifted the sword due to its unknown whereabouts and it isn't Dumbledore's to give. 

"Why give Harry a snitch that has the words, 'I open at the close' written on it?" Hermione pondered.

Nova had a hunch, and she was hoping she was wrong. 

"And what the bloody hell is this cloak supposed to do?" Nova groaned in frustration and threw it on. It doesn't make me invisible. I cant fly with it. What the fuck am I supposed to do with this?"

"I dunno, love," Harry frowned. 

"We should head off to bed," Hermione stated. "We have a wedding to attend tomorrow."

***

"Where's my Teddy Bear?" Nova asked the moment she saw her Pa and Tonks. Tonks spun around with a fifteen-month-old Teddy Lupin in her arms. "Well hello there handsome."

Almost instantly, Teddy giggled happily. 

"You look beautiful, Lion," Remus kissed her forehead. 

She was one of Fleur's bridesmaids. She wore a pale gold dress that danced around her ankles. It was tight around her waist but flowed freely. The back was open as the straps ran around her next. Her caramel hair fell in perfect curls as the top part of her hair was held back by the hairpins Kreacher gave Nova. 

"Thanks, Pa," she grinned. 

"I still wish you wore a disguise," Remus huffed. 

"Listen, sour wolf, it's Fleur's big day. She wanted me to be her bridesmaid. I'm her bridesmaid." Nova rolled her eyes. "If I need to, I'll cloak myself quickly."

"Just be careful, Lion," Remus pleaded. 

"I will," Nova assured and kissed his cheek. "Well, I was sent to check on the groom and his groomsmen. I'll see you later."

Nova walked away, her caramel curls dancing as she went. 

"Did she just take our child?" Tonks laughed.