It All Ends Tonight

Order and D.A. members were appearing. People Harry hasn't seen in years arrived. Oliver Wood, Alicia Snippet, Angelina Johnson, and many more. Everyone was rushing to the GReat Hall, awaiting orders. 

Harry's eyes scanned the Gryffindor table feverishly for three people;

Hermione

Ron

Nova

Harry wish Nova was here. He knew he might die tonight. He just wanted to hold her in his arms one more time before then. Then again, he hoped she wasn't here. He didn't want her fighting. He didn't want her to die. But he knew he couldn't control Nova. 

He'd bet all his inheritance that Nova would be here. 

Harry would not be losing his inheritance. 

Minerva McGonagall stood on a small wooden platform addressing the room. 

". . . evacuation will be overseen by Mr. Filch and Madam Pomfrey. Prefects, when I give the word, you will organize your House and take your charges, in an orderly fashion, to the evacuation point." 

Many of the students looked petrified. However, as Harry skirted the walls, scanning the Gryffindor table for Ron, Nova, and Hermione, Ernie Macmillan stood up at the Hufflepuff table and shouted, "And what if we want to stay and fight?" 

There was a smattering of applause. 

"If you are of age, you may stay," said Professor McGonagall. 

"What about our things?" called a girl at the Ravenclaw table. "Our trunks, our owls?" 

"We have no time to collect possessions," said Professor McGonagall. "The important thing is to get you out of here safely."

"Where's Professor Snape?" shouted a girl from the Slytherin table. 

"He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk," replied Professor McGonagall, and a great cheer erupted from the Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws.

"I know that you are preparing to fight." There were screams amongst the students, some of whom clutched each other, looking around in terror for the source of the sound. "Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood." 

There was silence in the Hall now, the kind of silence that presses against the eardrums, that seems too huge to be contained by walls. 

"Give me Harry Potter," said Voldemort's voice, "and none shall be harmed. Give me HarryPotter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. 

"You have until midnight."

"ON YOUR LEFT!" Came a strong and powerful voice. 

Nova appeared on the back of a black dragon to McGonagall's left. 

Many around the room had their spirits lifted by the mere sight of the girl. If she was here, they knew they had a chance to win. 

"Sorry bout the wall, Minnie, I'll fix it," Nova said as she jumped off the back of Nyx. "Your wards are down but I've got a new spell for that."

Nova looked at Nyx and in a silent agreement, Nyx flew away. 

"If you do not wish to fight or side with Riddle, get the fuck out," Nova growled. "I don't have time to deal with that shit."

No one moved. 

Nova seemed satisfied. 

"We've only got half an hour until midnight, so we need to act fast! A battle plan has been agreed between the teachers of Hogwarts and the Order of the Phoenix." Kingsley spoke.  "Professors Flitwick, Sprout, and McGonagall are going to take groups of fighters up to the three highest towers —Ravenclaw, Astronomy, and Gryffindor — where they'll have a good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile Remus" — he indicated Lupin — "Arthur" —he pointed toward Mr. Weasley, sitting at the Gryffindor table — "and I will take groups into the grounds."