Who's The Sleeping Beauty?

Nova walked through the train looking for her friends. Whispers followed the young teenager as she went. She was used to these whispers, but not in the same context. Normally the whispers spoke of her beauty; silky shoulderblade-length golden caramel hair, warm honey eyes, and aristocrat features. Now, they spoke of her father, the mass murderer. Now, they spoke of how she was just like him.

"Well, well. Isn't it the deranged and insane daughter of the murderer?" A voice spoke from behind Nova. Slowly turning, she saw her blonde cousin.

"Congratulations. You came up with a snarky remark. Now begone and spend another three years thinking of one." Nova stated with a roll of her eyes.

"Don't speak to me like that, cousin," Draco demanded. He and Nova had a complicated relationship. They fought and acted like they hated each other, which they did, but if Draco ever needed to escape his house, Nova would help. It's not like hers was any better, but she would figure something out. In the meantime, they hated each other.

"Go cry about it to your father," Nova stated sassily.

"At least my father is there. At least my father isn't an escaped convict." Malfoy sneered.

"Don't put your father on a pedestal. Everyone knows your father is just as bad as mine." Nova stated in a bored tone before walking away.

A few more compartments down, Nova found her friends.

First, she saw Ron. She wasn't sure how, but Ron had grown another couple inches. Freckles sprinkled his pale skin, and his bright blue eyes were gazing upon Hermione.

Next was Hermione. Her hair wasn't as bushy as it was last year, but it was still wild and bushy. Her soft brown eyes shone with worry as she talked with Harry.

Harry. He had obviously grown a few inches, and his face was more angular than it was before, less boyish. His jawline became more defined, and, if possible, his eyes were even more green.

However, there was another person in the compartment. It would appear he was sleeping. He had sandy brown hair peppered with grey. The color was similar to her own but duller. The man was scared and appeared sickly pale.

"Who's the sleeping beauty?" Nova asked plopping next to Harry. After lying flat across the seats, Nova set her head in Harry's lap.

"Professor R.J. Lupin," Hermione answered. "DADA teacher this year."

"Let's hope he is better than Turban Man and Goldilocks," Nova stated. The other three nodded in agreement. "Anyways, what did I miss?"

The trio informed Nova about Black. Harry passed the warning Mr.Weasley had given him to Nova.

"How are you, Nox?" 'Mione asked.

"I'm dandy. Daddy dearest breaks out of prison to kill my best friend. On top of it all, everyone thinks I had something to do with it." Nova answered sarcastically.

"Well did you?" Ron asked.

"Ronald! How dense are you?" Hermione asked.

"Ronnikins, the chances of me helping my sperm doner break out of prison and helping him into my hiding are about as likely as your rat actually being a man," Nova said with a laugh.

***

Harry was subtly looking at his best friend as she and Ron talked about the best Quidditch team. She argued the Holy Holyhead Harpies were the best. Ron, however, believed the Chuddley Cannons were.