23. he's my ex

"Guess it's just me and you now," you whisper, holding a hand protectively on your stomach.

👼

It's been four months. Four months without any friends or family. After Josh had kicked you out, you drove a bunch, making it all the way to Phoenix Arizona. You needed to start fresh. Luckily you had a little money so you were able to get a hotel for a week as you looked for jobs.

It was not easy finding a job, since you were Pregnant. Having a baby bump did not make it easy to work at all. But luckily you found a small boutique with a very kind owner, who has been helping you out so much. Her name is Paisley and she's been you're only friend.

You now live in a small apartment, the closest place you have to a home. It was small but felt so safe, and you couldn't wait to raise your baby here. By the way, you found out you were having a baby boy!! You decided you would name him Brady. Every day your excitement grew for Brady to come into this world, but also stress was added on top. If your money was already tight to pay for your own stuff, how could you pay for Brady too?

All the stress faded away once you got to the boutique in the morning, starting another day of work.

"Y/n! Hi! I feel like your baby bump has grown over the weekend!" Paisley says in aw as you walk through the door and gives you a hug.

"Wouldn't doubt it!" You laugh, as Paisley smiles sweetly. She then placed a hand on your belly and said hi to Brady, like she does everyday.

👼

The day went on normally, you working and helping costumers like always. As you were hanging up some clothes you heard Paisley yell,
"Quinton!"

You froze. No way could Quinton be here, it had to be a different Quinton. But when you turned around, you saw the boy who cheated on you. The boy who you haven't seen in probably six or seven months.

His eyes scanned the boutique then locked onto yours then widened. The traveled down your body, landing on your swelling stomach. His eyes widened more if possible.

Quickly he made his way over to you, accidentally ignoring Paisley who somehow knew him.

Once he made it to you you didn't have any time to say anything before he pulled you into a hug.
"Y/n" he sighed.

You didn't realize how much you missed and needed him. After a minute of shock you tightly hugged him back, tears falling from your eyes.

"Q..."

He pulls away and looks at you.

"Your, your pregnant?" He says astonished. You nod and laugh.

"Quinton! Look how big you've gotten!" Paisley exclaims, running over to you two, breaking the now awkward moment.

"Haha, it hasn't been that long Aunt Paisley" Quinton says, hugging the slightly older (but not looking) women.

"Aunt?" You ask.

"Well yes, Quinton is my nephew. How do you know him?" Paisley asks after pulling away.

"He's my ex..." You say. Quinton looks down sadly.

"Well. We have a lot of catching up to do then, don't we?" Paisley says with a mischievous glint in her eye.

👼