13. gone forever

"You're my everything"

👼

After he said those three words your heart melted.Nobody had ever felt this way about you before, nobody ever loved you, except for Josh, but even then you weren't sure. You loved Quinton. You've never been more sure of anything in your life before, but this? You were 100% sure you loved Quinton. You kept falling in love and you were falling fast.

"I love you," you whisper to him.

"I love you too," he whispers back. Sure, he has said it multiple times and each time butterflies filled your stomach. But this time it just felt right, everything felt so calm and perfect. It felt like nothing could tear the both of you down, and it never would.

You snuggle deeper into Quinton's chest. Just as you both were about to fall asleep though, Josh comes barging in. His eyes are puffy red, his hair all messed up. He almost never cries so this frightened you. You instantly move out of Quinton's grip and to Josh. He falls into your arms, sobbing. You hold on tightly to him, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Josh, what's wrong? What happened?" You ask. Josh grips your shirt tighter still sobbing. He didn't want to tell you what happened, he couldn't. You would be heartbroken and depressed. Quinton left the room silently, wanting to give the two of you safe. You smiled weakly at him before he closed the door behind him.

"Josh, please, tell me what's wrong," you question again. Josh looks up at you.

"M-mom is g-gone," he finally croaks out. You freeze and tense up.

"W-what?" you ask.

"H-her and d-dad got into a car crash. S-she didn't m-make it, d-dads in a, a c-coma," he tells you sobbing. You just sit there shocked. No, this can't be true. She can't be dead. But you knew Josh wouldn't lie about this. Your mom was gone, and you didn't even get to say goodbye.

Tears start forming in your eyes and soon enough you are crying uncontrollably. You and Josh sit there holding onto each other tightly like the world was ending. Your both crying into each others shirts, chocking as you try to find words to say to each other. But you couldn't say anything. There was nothing to describe what you felt. It was like your heart was being stabbed repeatedly.

After a long time of you and Josh crying in each others arms, he left the room, going to call Nessa and soon pick her up from the airport. As soon as Josh left, Quinton came in. He rushed to your side and pulled you into his arms. He raked his hands through your hair, not knowing what else to do. The boys told him what happened and his heart dropped. Your mom was like your best friend and he knew that. This would take you a long time to get over, but he would be by your side every step of the way.

"S-shes gone, Quinton, s-she's g-gone forever," you sobbed as you held onto Quinton tightly, trying to grab hold of one of the only things left in the work you loved. You already lost so much in your life, and you weren't losing Quinton. Not now. Not ever.

👼

was this good? please leave feedback! and I need help with ideas for new chapters/ story plots so comment or send me messages of what I should do for the next couple chapters!! thanks! <333