26. josh?

"I'm never losing you again..."

👼

After last night you felt as if you and Quinton restarted your relationship, fresh and new. It was exciting, almost like falling in love all over again.

It was now the next morning and you and Quinton decided to spend more time together again, to catch up more and build up your relationship again.

There was a knock on your apartment door and you opened it to see Quinton.

"Ready to go?" He asks. You nod and smile, walking out the door with him.

"Where are we gonna go?" You ask looking up at the boy you used to be in love with, maybe still are...

"What about the park?" Quinton asks.

"That sounds fun!"

👼

Once you arrive to the park, you find a bench, sitting down next to Quinton. It was silent for a few minutes, but not awkward.

"I want to start things completely over with you. Hi, I'm Quinton Griggs" he says, putting out his hand for you to shake it. You look at him skeptical then shake it.

"Hi Quinton, I'm Y/n Richards!" You reply. He smiles.

"Well, Y/n. What do you say about going on the swings?" He says, lifting an eyebrow suggestively.

You giggle and nod before getting up and running, sort of waddling from the pregnancy, to the swings. Only one was open since other kids were using them. So, you sat down on the swing as Quinton went behind to push you.

Quinton then moved to be in front of you, still pushing you. You both were non stop giggling, you pretending to be kicking Quinton and him dodging it.

"Y/n, how dare you try to kick me!" Quinton teased, running under your legs. This caused you to go into a giggling fit again. Quinton chuckles and pushes you higher.

After a few minutes though, he realized you're attention was on something else. He slows you down and stands next to you, following your gaze to a couple with a toddler boy.

Quinton looked over at you to see you frowning slightly. He brushes the hair out of your face causing you to look up at him.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly.

"It's just... Brady won't have a father figure in his life and I'm scared I won't be a good enough mom. I'm only a teenager, Q! I want to be the best mom and be a happy family, but I'm scared I won't be able to provide that to my baby" you say sadly, before looking down at your baby bump, rubbing it slightly.

Quinton puts a hand under your chin, lifting your head up to meet his eyes.

"Y/n. You're going to be the best mom ever, Brady will be so happy, okay? Don't doubt that. You will be the best thing in his life... and for the father figure thing... I'll always be there for you both. And maybe not as a father to Brady just yet, but I'll always be there. You'll get through this... we'll get through this." Quinton says. Your heart warms and you feel tears start to fall down your cheeks. Quinton brushes them away as you stand up.

"Damn these emotions" you whisper yell. You both laugh, then you pull Quinton into a hug.

"Thank you, so much, Quinton" you mumbled into his neck. He pulls away slightly and cups your cheek. You both gaze into each other's eyes and start to lean in. Quinton's breath could be felt on your lips, just one more inch and you'd be kissing. Just as you shuffle to press your lips against his....

your phone rings. Damn it!!

You pull away frowning, before shuffling up Quinton's hair a little. You grab your phone from your purse. It was an unknown number calling you.

You looked up at Quinton confused. He look annoyed that he was just stopped from kissing you, but nods for you to pick up the phone.

Quinton noticed as you pick up the phone saying "hello". He then notices your face fall quickly, a frown forming on his face.

"Josh?!?!"