08. I love you

"I love you too," he whispers before turning away and heading to your room, a cocky grin on his face the whole way there.

And it was not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all.

👼

You were woken to soft lips pressed against your own, knowing it was Quinton, you instantly responded to the kiss. Quinton pulls away after a minute, though, to your disliking. You groan and he chuckles.

"Get dressed. I have a surprise for you," he tells you. You instantly sit up and question him.

"What? A surprise? Are we going somewhere? What is it? Quinton!" He laughs more.

"We are going somewhere. All I can tell you is to wear a bathing suit underneath your clothes. We are leaving in ten so get ready. I'll meet you in the car," he says, before running off. You smile to yourself and get up. You choose a cute bathing suit and put some clothes on top, that would be easy to take off. You put your hair up in a messy bun and applied some water proof mascara. Ten minutes were soon up, and you were walking to the car.

You get in the car, and Quinton pecks your lips.

"You look gorgeous," he says.

"Not too bad yourself," you giggle. Quinton places his hand on your thigh like he normally does and soon starts driving. You try to question where you're going but he never tells you. It's thirty minutes later when he stops and parks in an empty parking lot.

"We gotta walk there," he tells you. You nod and smile, excited for your surprise. You walk down the hill and see a river. As you draw closer, you can see a dock around fifty feet away. You look around and don't see anything else except for a bridge.

"Alright we have to swim to that dock," he says. You raise your eyebrows in question, but he doesn't say anything else, he just takes off his shirt and shoes. You take off your clothes and shoes. Quinton is already in the water, so you walk in, and surprisingly it wasn't cold. He smiles at you before starting to swim towards the dock. You follow after him.

A few minutes later, you both reach the dock. Quinton climbs up first, then puts out his hand to help you up. Once he does, you gasp, shocked at the sight. Quinton had set up a whole picnic. There was candles, towels, and so much food. There was also chocolate covered strawberries, your all time favorite.

"Quinton! This is so romantic! You did this for me?" You asked, still shocked that he would do this for you.

"Yes, I did, because you are my amazing, beautiful, caring, girlfriend". He replies, making your heart warm, and a blush to cover your face. You pull him in for a passionate kiss before pulling away and whispering in his ear,

"I love it, thank you". He just nods his head and smiles shyly. He leads you to sit down, then sits in front of you. He passes you a strawberry, causing you to giggle and take a bite out of it. For the next hour, you and Quinton ate, and talked about everything and anything. Your love for him grew, and you wanted to tell him, but you didn't know if he felt the same way. You soon finished the food and swam back. You were about to put on your clothes but Quinton stopped you.

"Every jumped off of a bridge?" He asks, smirking.

~~~

You and Quinton had walked all the way to the bridge, hand in hand. As you got closer, your grip on Quinton's hand tightened.

"I don't know about this, Quinton" you tell him.

"You'll be fine, we'll jump together," he says reassuringly. You just nod your head, still unsure. You soon reach the bridge. Quinton grabs a rock to throw, and break the water, so you don't break your bones.

"On three, we jump, ok?" He asks. You nod. He throws the rock and grabs your hand.

"One... two... three!" He yells. You both jump and soon hit the water. Adrenaline shoots through you, making you want to go again. You resurface, and Quinton soon pops up next to you. You laugh, and he smiles wide. He wades over to you and wraps his arms around your waist. You smile too and place your hands on his shoulder, your legs wrapped around his waist. He kisses you deeply before pulling away, looking into your eyes.

You both continue to look into each other's eyes before Quinton breaks the silence, stating three words that made your heart swell.

"I love you," he says shyly.

"W-what? Y-you what?" You ask, not believing what he had said.

"I. Love. You," he replies, this time more confidently. You giggle and rest your forehead against his.

"I love you too".

Best day ever.

👼

I hope you guys liked this chapter! it was longer than the other ones. what scenes or chapter ideas do you guys have? I want to know what you guys want me to add to this story. thanks! <3