Chapter 3: Rivales

You stared at the brown-haired girl. She nervously looked around while you stared at her.

"Izuku, is she your crush?" You asked him, looking at her from all angles.

"W-what?!" He squeaked. "W-why would you say that?!"

"Because she's pretty cute!" You exclaimed, staring at her face. "She looks like a cute chipmunk!"

Izuku blushed and averted his eyes when you wiggled your eyebrows at him. You danced around him and stopped to whisper in his ear.

"You. like. her~!"

"(Y/n)!! Stop it!" He said, his face erupting into a tomato.

"So cute, why don't we start studying? I heard the exams are coming up so I'm here to help as your senpai!" You announced proudly.

"Thank you for your tutoring!!" The guy named Tenya Iida chopped the air.

"No problemo, as your senpai, I must help out!!"

You and Tenya got along well since he was respectful. Izuku slightly frowned seeing you get along well. Ochako had noticed and frowned, that scowl appearing over her face.

Shoto watched the teenagers interact and took a sip of his tea. After settling down around the table in the middle of your room, you and the Deku-squad started to study.

You gave them tips, and Tenya thanked you each minute.

"No, Peppermint, you did a small mistake here, you accidentally messed up calculating here," you pointed towards the small mistake he made.

"Oh." His voice was stoic and he reached for his eraser.

"Whoa, even Todoroki-Kun makes mistakes!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Well, he isn't perfect, right? I'm sure Peppermint studies hard!" You grabbed your bicep and flexed your arm.

"Not really," he said bluntly.

"Seriously?! I had to study every day, four hours straight just to get this far!! I feel stupid now..." You banged your head against the table. "Anyway, does anyone want cookies---"

A large explosion shook the house. You immediately stood and ran outside, not minding the others to tell you that it's not safe. There stood a giant, crushing houses and grabbing civilians hostage.

"(Y/n), it isn't safe!! Let's wait for the heroes, okay?!" Izuku grabbed your wrist to try to get you away but you planted your feet in the ground.

"HEY!!!" You screamed, running forward. "I WAS LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE!! FIGHT ME WON'T YOU?!"

"Is that an ant I hear wanting to be squashed?" The giant turned around while you grinned.

"That's right, I'm just an ant you can crush!!" Your hands trembled by your side while you kept up your facade. "Why don't you see if this ant is so easy to squash?!"

"(L/n), what are you doing?!" Tenya exclaimed. "Don't go picking a fight!"

"Come to me!!" You went into a fighting stance. "I'm not scared of you!!"

"Oh yeah? You'll regret it!!"

Your knees almost buckled but your dragons appeared and wrapped around his wrists and ankles, tightening around them so he's immobile.

"That was close..." You sunk to the ground while you trembled with fear. "I thought I was gonna die..."

"(Y/n)...you were protecting them, weren't you?" Izuku kneeled before you and patted your hair. "You did well."