Chapter 8: Niña

A/n: Thank you for waiting!!

Izuku sat beside you and patted your head, trying to reassure you. You pouted your lower lip, trying not to cry in front of him. You hated crying in front of people.

Back then, you would be considered weak. Your father mistreated you, no physical abuse but did verbally abuse you, affecting your mental state more than it has. It did have a lasting effect on you, all the way up to your teens.

You sniffled and looked to the other side while Izuku frowned.

"It's okay to cry," he said moving in front of you. "You have to cry or else you'll burst from the littlest things."

Your eyes glossed over. You had never heard someone other than your brothers that it was okay to cry. You averted your eyes from his, trying to blink your tears away.

He grabbed your face with his hands and tilted your head upwards. You met his gaze, full of affection and selflessness. Were there kind people in this world?

You pushed his hands away. "I don't trust you. Many people tried to get close to me but I wasn't born yesterday."

You strode towards the door.

"W-wait!" He called and stretched his hand, almost as if he could stop you.

He watched you leave before sighing.

"What was I thinking? Of course, she'll act like that, she is pretty paranoid since she's targeted constantly. I could've taken her now and no one would know until lunch was over. At least she knew it wasn't safe..."

You passed the class you were supposed to head to and leaned against the wall, panting.

"There's no way there's someone as kind as him." Your vision started to get hazy as your body started to ache.

"Hey, are you okay?" Your 'boyfriend' came up to you, crouching down. "You don't look too well."

You grabbed his shoulder, still panting. "I..."

"(Y/n)?!"

Your body slumped forward, leaving Shoto to catch you. He picked you up and started to run towards the infirmary. He didn't stop when the bell rang, you looked like you were in pain.

He slid the door open. "My girl--I mean, friend is in trouble!!"

"Oh dear, lay her down on the bed!" Recovery girl hopped off her seat and rushed over to your side. "I need to inspect her body, you should leave."

"Uh yeah." He left, respecting your privacy.

He slid the door closed and felt disgusted with himself. He hid his face into his hands and sighed. "I should break up with her, even if she is a child."

Why did he even agree to date you?! You're just a child!! He started to walk to his class, thinking about his excuse for being late to class.

✍🏽➰〰️➰🍵❤️

You woke up, groaning at the light.

"Don't sit up yet, you grew into a nine-year-old in a night. You need your strength." Recovery girl stated beside you.

You turned your head, everything was aching. "I remember Izuku and Katsuki now, is that part of the quirk?"

"It is, believe it or not. Your bones and muscles started to grow far too quickly which explains why you feel pain." She opened her drawer and took out a pill. "Take it, you'll feel better."

You let her raise your head and took the pill. You drank the water and swallowed the pill. You turned your head and coughed.

"I know it doesn't taste good but you'll feel better in no time." She stroked your hair.