Chapter 13: Muerte

A/n: thank you for waiting~❤️

There was once a girl with powers so powerful, people couldn't even imagine. She could talk to every living being, and understand their story. She was like a god.

Two dragons, one red and one blue. They called her double-edged dragon. She kept the balance, like a spirit.

They didn't know who she was, they often questioned what she was.

A god.

An elf.

A fairy.

A spirit.

A human with powers.

Whoever she was, they worshipped her. Except...

She was tied up, against a cross. Christians believed she was not a god, she should have never existed in the first place. There was only one god.

And that was the Lord.

Funny enough, they nailed her to the cross like Jesus who died for their sins. The dragons committed mass murder, destroying everything in an instant. No one knew what happened to her.

She was sometimes hinted in Bibles and in historic events. But no one ever found out who she was.

✍🏽➰〰️➰🍵❤️

Shoto woke up when the elevator dinged. He sat up, rubbing his temples.

"What...?" He questioned, his head pounding. "Was that?"

He stood, heading over to your door. He knocked thrice, waiting for a response. You flinched when you heard a loud knock, interrupting the silence.

"It's me, peppermint." He called out in a gentle voice. "I just wanted to see if you were okay."

"I'm fine." You replied, your voice slightly cracking.

"I know you're not. May I come in?"

You hesitated for a moment before placing your hand on the handle and twisting it. Shoto was startled when you opened the door.

You stared at the ground for a moment before turning. "Come in."

You made your way to bed, flopping down. Shoto closed the door behind him, standing there.

"Did you need something?" You asked.

"I'm here to comfort you."

You raised your head, staring at him. "Why would you do that?"

"I don't know. I also wanted to apologize for hurting your feelings." He got on his knees and bowed.

"Uh?! You don't need to do that!!" You sat up, waving your hands around. "You didn't hurt my feelings!! I just...got embarrassed. It was humiliating, considering that I have anxiety and I don't have the best mental state."

He stood up again, tilting his head like a lost puppy. "Mental illness?"

"Well, it's supposed to be secret, only my family and Zu-Chan plus Kat knows. I have anxiety and a couple of mental disorders. I have to keep a good reputation or else the people won't like me and start to go against the government. Then I'll be forced to..."

You trailed off, your mind jumping to painful things.

"Well, it gets pretty bad, is what I'm saying. So could you keep it a secret?"

"You can trust me with anything." His voice was stoic, unreadable.

"Thank you. It's hard to find people you can trust since the world is after me. If I die, a new heir will arise and I will be long forgotten."