Chapter 33

Author's note! As you've noticed,  I update twice a day. However, tomorrow DNow starts and so I will update once more today and resume updating on Monday! Votes and comments decide if Monday gets one update or two XD

          "I'll see you at the ball, " Dad says as he hugs me goodbye.

            "Definitely," I reply. "I'll see all of you guys there."

            Alexander and Dad shake hands and he nods at everyone else. "See yall at the ball." We shift and Alexander picks up our bag.

            Our date ended well last night. We shared a room and I enjoyed having him play with my hair.  That is literally the best thing in the world.

            We started running at 8 am and we got to the pack house at 2pm.

"Can I invite some friends over?" I ask Alexander.

            "You don't have to ask me," he laughs. I have my feet propped up on his lap as we relax on his couch.

            I dial Maggie's number and hold the phone to my ear.

            "Hello?"

            "Hey, Mags. Want to come over and hang? Chris can come too."

            "Oh, my God! Is this Riley? Where have you been?! Of course we'll come over. Crescent Pack house, right? Ooohhhh, are you going to the ball? We'll be right there!"

            Click.

            Turning to Alexander I ask. "Can you ask Tom and Daniel up here, too?" He nods. We haven't talked about them, but I think he's letting them be together. They enter a few moments later.

            "Daniel, my man! Hey, so at the carnival, there was this really hot chick -"

            'There better not have been a really hot chick,' I think as he continues.

            "You know, man? She was a total ten, awesome curves and everything." Daniel gets a strange look on his face somewhere between disgust and disbelief. "And when I say everything, I mean she was really well endowed if you catch what I'm s-"

            "I'm gay," Daniel announces from his seat across from us. Tom's eyes widen and he whips his head to stare at Daniel.

            "Oh, well, I guess you're going to have to leave this pack." Alexander says simply.

            I catch on to his plan and struggle not to laugh at Daniel's pained face.

            "You can't do that!" Tom exclaims. "He's your Beta!"

            "Well, you obviously have feelings for him. I guess you can leave as well." His calm voice nearly kills me, but I manage to hold back my guffaws.

            "We're mates and I love him," Tom says.

     Awwwwww.

            Daniel turns to gape at him. "Really?"

            "Of course. We're mates." Tom starts to blush.

            Suddenly, I can't handle it anymore. I laugh out loud, tumbling to the floor as no noise comes out and I clap like a seal.  I try to breath and end up snorting. Alexander has to lean on his elbows as he beings to laugh also.

       "W-what's going on?" Daniels stutters.

     I'm sure my face is red and I'm beginning to be oxygen deprived.

    "You knew?" Tom exclaims at Alexander, who has controlled his laughter better than me.

    "Yes. Riley told me. It's alright, I guess." Alexander says sincerely. My heart swells at his words. He actually took my thoughts and feelings into consideration as he decided what to do about this issue. With a loving smile, I lean up and plant a kiss on his cheek. "Will yall be going to the ball together?"

    Daniel threads his fingers through Tom's. "Yes. If it's alright with you, then I would love to bring him to the ball."

    "Did someone say 'ball'?" Maggie shouts as she flourishes into the room, throwing the door open wide. Chris jumps forward after her and catches it before it dents the wall. "Mouse, we have to go shopping!"

     Alexander stands and stretches before reaching down to pull me to my feet. "Come on, Rory. Amy, Chris. Time to get tuxes." I giggle lightly at his nicknames. Ooh, Alex in a tux . . .

    I pull my mind from the gutter as he tugs me close. "I'll see you later?" I question.

    "Of course." He begins to lean down for a kiss, but Maggie yanks me away.

     "Let's go! Today, please!" I laugh as she pulls me outside to her car. "Whooooo! To the dress store! I love shopping!"

    I turn up the radio and we jam out to 'Take Me To Church' by Hozier. After the song, Maggie reaches over to turn the volume down. "Yall are mates, then?"

     "Yeah."

     "Knew it!" She mutters. "We miss you at school,  but there's no point in coming back. Ms. Blue came back though. Is Alpha Stone really your dad?" I blink and shake my head slightly at her abrupt subject changes.

    "Yes, he is. It explains my wolf issue."

    "That it does."