Chapter 47

Alexander's POV

        "We need a plan." I place my hands on the meeting table. Alpha Black, his Beta, Alpha Stone, his Beta, and Derek sit in the dark chairs around the matching desk.

        "Stone Pack will fight with you."

        "Black Pack, too."

        Eyes fall on Derek. "My pack is too scared of Josh. I might be able to convince the pack to fight, but I'll have to challenge Josh."

        "Can you do it soon?" I question and he nods.

        "He's away on 'business' for three days though."

        I let out a growl, knowing he's with Riley. "We need to attack now."

        Grayson stands and holds his hands out. "I want to get her back as much as you do, Alexander, but we don't know what we're up against. We need Cross Pack to fight with us." He leans over the map on the table that has the Rogue territory outlined. Carefully, he pushes pins around the outline. "Three days. We set up groups to monitor their patrols so we can find the best time to ambush."

        I clench my jaw, working my teeth together as I think about his proposition. "I don't want her there that long. There's no telling what they're doing to her. Taylor is insane."

        "Three days, Alexander," Stone begs. "I don't like it either, but he wants her alive. He won't kill her."

        "But he can mate with her!"

        The room goes silent. They all stare at me, but Grayson is the only one to speak. "You two . . . haven't mated?"

        Running my hands through my dirty hair, I let out an exasperated growl. "No, we were waiting."

        "Alpha Crescent," Black finally speaks. "I understand your worry about the situation. However, your mark provides protection to her. Taylor may be able to . . . take advantage of her, but until she goes into heat, he cannot fully mate with her. How long until her next heat?" I blink a few times as I try to remember.

       "Last time was the day of the Alpha meeting . . .  it's not too close," I sigh thankfully. With sorrow dripping through my voice, I whisper. "Three days."

Riley's POV

"Put these on." Taylor enters the room and searches for me. His eyebrows furrow as he notices me hanging off the bed upside down.

        I stand up too quickly and wobble as the blood rushed to my feet. "Why? Where are we going?"

        Clothes hit my chest, falling to the floor gently. "Dinner." He walks out.

        "Dinner?" I pick up the materials and walk to the bathroom to change. Taylor left me in his room all day. The only time I saw him was when he got up this morning. He slept beside me in his bed, although I didn't know. I was alseep when he laid down and woke as he got up.

        I hold up the short white dress with matching under garments. They fit perfectily and I wonder how he knew my size.

        "Riley, let's go." I exit the bathroom at his voice. Taylor's wearing a black button up shirt rolled to his elbows with nice jeans. We're both barefoot, so we must be eating at the house. I'm just happy to leave the room.

        He takes my hand in his and I scrunch my nose in disgust. I don't jerk away though. I won't risk putting my friends in danger.

        We enter a slightly dim room and I gasp at the guests. Bruce, Rose, and Josh sit with empty plates in front of them. How could they betray Alexander like this? His own parents!