Chapter 19

Alexander's POV

I wake up with Riley in my arms. Perfect. I want everyday to be like this.

My wolf whimpers as I slide out of our cuddle. It's about 4am and almost time for me to head to the meeting.

I hate leaving her.

I give her a light kiss on her slightly furrowed brow.

Our perfect Luna, my wolf regards.

Downstairs, the early patrol is just returning. Zach and Tom break from them and walk over to me.

"Dude, when are you going to tell her?" Zach questions.

When I tell her about her dad. Instead, I say, "I dont know. At first, I didn't want to overwhelm her. Then, I didn't want her to feel like she HAD to give up her relationship. Now, the break up is so recent . . . I don't know how to tell her."

"The Alpha's are going to hassle you until you mate, you know that, right?" Tom pipes up.

I nod. "Yes, but maybe I can get them to settle with a mark."

They nod and wish me luck.

I shift and run in the direction of the meeting place. While running, I pass the Cross pack house. I can feel my paws turning towards the house as my wolf barks and growls at me.

'We need to talk to Derek.' He growls at me.
'No, we have a meeting.'
I'm focused on telling him off and don't realize I'm in front of the house with Cross Pack wolves surrounding me. I shift and throw on my jeans. 'Screw you,' I tell him.

'Like Derek probably did Riley.'

That thought makes me growl and I a walk up into the house. It's not quite as nice as mine, but I'm rich. Like, filthy rich. Oh, yeah.

As I throw the door open into a large entry room, I'm vaguely aware of the couple closest to the door jump in shock. "Oh, good morning, Mr. Crescent." She must be in one of my classes.

I dimly acknowledge her because Derek is standing in the middle of the room speaking to his mother, the Luna of Cross Pack. Not giving a care in the world, I bound up to him and swing. My fist connects with his face in a crunch that makes my wolf howl.

"If you ever touch my Luna again, be it with your fist or dick, my wolf and I will happily tear the involved body part off of you and proceed to beat you with it until you're dead. I don't care how long it takes. She is MINE and I never want to see your dirty handprint on her again, pup."

Derek pulls himself to his feet, his nose already healing. That makes me want to break it again. He laughs. "Luna? Have you seen her? She let me hit her! She didn't even care - never told me to stop. She LIKED it. Riley can't defend herself. And she loves me!"

I stand taller, even though I'm a good six inches over this mutt. Riley is anything but defenseless. I smirk. "I'm the one she cheated on you with, jerk. She does this thing, you know, when you touch that one spot on her neck. That short whisper of breath as she gasps, sliding her hands into your hair . . ."

Derek roars and lunges at me. We hit the floor and I launch him over my head. The air ripple as he shifts before landing. His dead leaf brown wolf lunches at me and I shift also.

Damn. There go my pants.

Derek is the second oldest son of Alpha Cross. His wolf is Alpha-sized, obviously ready to take over the pack if his brother cannot. With his size and muscle, he could very well challenge his brother and win.

However, I am not his brother.

My wolf stands taller than any wolf alive today. Certainly taller than this wannabe pup. As I tower over him, his frightened stare meets my menacing one. Derek's wolf realizes he won't win and steps back before bowing.

Good boy.

He shifts as the Luna runs over to him. I dip my head in respect to her. "Alpha Crescent," she begins when I shift back. "I'm sorry-"

I lift up a hand to stop her. "Luna Cross, please. I ask only that your son leaves my Luna alone. This life is so very new to her still and this added drama doesn't-"

"How can you have a relationship with her?" Derek yells angrily. "I didn't shift for two years and she still sneezed around me. I had to buy a dog to explain."

"Funny," I say as I walk to the door. "Maybe she's allergic to you, but I've never even heard her sneeze. Must be a mate thing."