Chapter 13

Updating because you guys are awesome! I have a few more chapters written, but I'm spacing them out a bit because of a teeny weeny itsy bitsy case of writers block. HOWEVER, I'll get through it. I know exactly what I want to happen . . . I'm just not sure how I'm getting there, you know? Sorry for the long note and without further ado . . . Chapter 13!

I invite Tom for dinner with my parents.

   "So, you met at school?"

   "Yes, sir," he nods. "We have basically the same schedule."

   "Do you have an attraction to my daughter?" Mom blurts.

  "Mom!" I turn to tell Pond he doesn't have to answer. He looks disgusted and I feel sad. Am I not pretty enough?

  "No, ma'am."

   Mom hums as Dad questions Tom again. "What is your favorite pass time, young man?"

  "Doctor Who," we chorus.

  Mom groans. "That show . . ."

  Ding!

   "Dear, can you get the door?"

   I nod and walk to the door. Pulling it open, I'm greeted with a gust of wind and a sneeze.

   "Damn. I thought I got all of Fluffy's hair off." I jerk my head up.

   "Derek!"I shrill.

   He laughs and catches me as I jump on him. My arms and legs wrap around his strong body. I sneeze on his chest. "Oh, I missed you, Mouse."

   "I missed you, too, Derek." My voice is muffled by his chest. He tips my chin up with one finger. Our lips press together the same as they have for three years. We move in sync. His tongue traces my bottom lip and I open for him immediately.

   "Save some Derek for us, Riley." My mom calls. I laugh and rest my head on his chest as we walks us to the dining room.

   "Hello, Derek. I'm Tom." Pond holds his hand out as Derek lets me down. I see Derek tense and he looks at me questioningly. I shake my head and he sighs before shaking Tom's hand.

   I sneeze.

   "Mouse is allergic to dog fur."

   "I know. We've been dating for three years."

   "Do you have a dog?"

   "Yes."

   "Funny. I don't see any dog hair on you."

   "This is a white shirt. I have a white dog. How good is your eyesight?"

   "Maybe she's allergic to you."

   I've sneezed about twenty times now.

   "What are you suggesting, pup?"

   Tom's eyes narrow. "You know exactly what I'm suggesting."

   "Guys! Achoo! Stop."

   Tom immediately snaps up, "yes, Luna." He mutters.

   "What?"

   Sadly, all I heard was 'achoo' at any parts that would have told me the obvious. It's a book. I have to be oblivious.

   Oh, well.

"Good night, babe."

   "Good night, Derek."

   "Love you."

   "Love you, too."

   "Bye."

   "Bye."

    The door closes. "Ew."

   I laugh at Tom who is making faces. "Get over it."

   He shrugs. "Don't you think it's weird how he's so cool about what happened?"

   "We love each other."

   "Gross," Pond mutters. He pauses. "Don't be upset with the alpha." I open my mouth to cut him off. "Sh, listen, Linda Honey. It's not really his fault. We've already explained that Alpha's feel everything so much more than normal wolves. His wolf wants its Luna - you - and it's hard to hold back. Sometimes his wolf takes control and leapt at the thought of having you."

   Sighing, I nod. "Okay, I get it." My parents yell goodnight and close up in their room. Pond follows me to my room to grab pjs for the night. he sniffs.

   "That's weird."

   "What?"

   "I just smell something strange,  but it should be okay. Let's go."