Chapter 16

Made some covers for Swimminginsnow's story! XD Go check it out! ;)
Chapter 16!!!!
(Look at my person with arms!! What other cool faces can you make like that?)

Alexander's POV \\ (O.o) //

"Alpha Stone," I acknowledge as I walk into the meeting room. I lose Riley's scent as I walk into the room she's never entered. "To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you again so soon? Seattle is a far away place."

Stone stands to shake my hand. His brown hair and brown eyes remind me of Riley.

I wonder what she's doing. She's on the list for dinner tonight, my wolf tells me.

"Ah, Alpha Crescent. Yes, quite a long run, but I'm afraid I couldn't wait any longer." He sits back down as I sit across from him.

I think back to his rouge situation we had discussed last week. "Have they threatened your pack again? My wolves are still training intensely if you need fighters."

"No, the rouges have been dormant these last few days. I'm worried they're planning something, but that is for another time. However, I have a very important matter to discuss with you. Is this room safe?"

His slightly frightened face scares me and I nod. "Soundproof."

Alpha Stone takes a deep breath. "When last I was here, I caught a slightly familiar scent. I couldn't place my finger on it and left confused. Earlier yesterday, I suddenly remembered how I know the scent and I am very upset."

"Is this one of my pack? What's wrong?"

"Son," the older man says to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. He sighs. "When I was nineteen - seventeen years ago - I . . . I cheated on my Luna. There was a visiting couple in Seattle and they went to a bar that a member of my pack owns. He let me in, obviously. I didn't know she was married and we were both drunk off our asses - her a little more than me. We got together in the bathroom of the bar and when we exited, I met her husband. He was also very drunk, but I stumbled away from him before he could try to start a fight. A few weeks later I get a call. The woman is pregnant and her husband doesn't remember that night. She told him it was his and they had a beautiful baby girl."

He pauses. "A beautiful baby girl that has now become the Luna of a great pack."

At first, I'm appalled he could do that to his mate. I wonder how that pertains to me.

And then, it clicks.

"Riley."

Alpha Stone solomnly nods. "As I got older, I didn't think much of her until the other children of a human-werewolf- non-mate couple began to go insane and die. I began to worry that I had ruined her and her mother's life, but then I realized she was here." He gives a sad smile. "I couldn't have asked for a better son-in-law."

I shake my head to clear it. "We have to tell her."

"Alpha Crescent-"

"Alexander. Call me Alexander. Riley and my parents have permission to do that."

He grins. "Alexander, I doubt she knows of her mother's betrayal and she still believes her father figure is her father. That man raised her. I can't compete with that."

I narrow my eyes. "I know my Luna. She would rather know sooner than later."

"She's . . . She's not insane, right?"

I beam brightly. "Oh, she has such a strong wolf. Her coat is white with a black pattern like mine. We're opposites, actually. There's only . . . two problems."

"What?"

"Well, she doesn't have an inner wolf. She can't talk to it and it doesn't talk to her. It must be the half-thing. But she's, well, allergic to dog fur."

Stone tilts his head. "I'm sorry?"

"She sneezes. At any dog fur. The only time she doesn't sneeze is around me."

He laughs and shakes his head. "You're joking."

I shrug. "I wish I was." There's a slight silence as we think hard. "You have to-"

Knock. Knock. Knock.