Chapter 15

Derek and I finish our burgers and walk down the street to an ice cream parlor. We order chocolate everything.

Overall, this has been a really nice date. We go to his apartment and watch a movie that I end up falling asleep in the middle of.

He laughs as he gently shakes me awake and pulls me to his car. We've missed school, so Derek drops me off at home.

I give him a quick kiss and turn to close the door. Derek suddenly grabs my wrist and pulls me to face him. "Get rid of that Doctor Who crap now." I flinch at the pain in my wrist. "I don't want to hear anything else about it. Got it?"

I nod quietly and he realses my bruised wrist. And stalks to his car.

When he's gone, I climb in my car and drive to the pack house. I hum as I tidy up around Alexander's room.

"You didn't come back to school."

I jump around at the voice. "Oh, no. Derek and I watched a movie and I fell asleep."

"I don't like him."

"He feels the same way."

"I'm serious, Mouse. There are things you don't know, but certain laws prevent me from telling you. You have to trust me." Alexander runs a finger along my cheek.

"I-I I don't, um, you . . . I c-can't think w-when you do that."

He places his hand on my cheek and runs his fingers in my hair. "This?" He murmurs.

I nod.

His other hand begins to play with my hair, too. "W-wait. There's some-something I . . . Alpha Stone." My voice is just a whisper now. "You have . . . a m-meeting."

Alexander's fingers pause. "When?"

"Right now. He's in the meeting room."

"Shit. I have to go."

I'm suddenly cold as wind from his departure caresses where his hands had just been.

"Whew."

There's a soft knock. "Luna, you're on the list." Diane mutters. I turn to the slightly opened door. The list for dinner.

"Right, of course. What are we making?"

Diane - a previous Omega - shrugs. "Anything you like. You're the designated leader."

I nod and follow downs the stairs to the kitchen. A couple of volunteers surround me as I step in. Hmm, Alexander likes . . . chicken alfredo pasta!

Throwing out directions, I get everything we need out. It takes a lot of food to feed these people.

We get to food started and once its close to ready, I begin making the alfredo sauce.

Alexander is going to love this.

The Art Of SneezingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara