Chapter 10

After much arguing, I finally convince Alexander to let me go to school. I tell him it's highly unlikely for a rogue to get me during school, plus Tom will be with me the whole time.

I've been staying at the pack house everyday - even carried down a duffle bag of clothes - and Alexander's room now has a touch of me in it.

I painted over his boring white walls. Well sort of. I bought blue pillows and other accessories for his living room and his bedroom has two white walls, a black wall, and a blue wall. The bed is white, black, and blue, too.

He said he didn't mind so I had some fun with it.

We're . . . close? I don't know much about him, but he seems to know a lot about me. We sleep in his large bed at night and he always plays with my hair until I fall asleep. He's gone by the time I wake up.

I've taken over the role of Luna. Just yesterday I wondered how he survived without me.

I'm walking down the stairs to the kitchen to make dinner for the pack when I pass Alexander. "Oh, don't forget, Alpha Stone is coming tomorrow at noon to discuss a matter with you."

"What? When did this happen?"

I let out an exasperated sigh. "I talked to him yesterday. Right in front of you in your office. He's running down here from Seattle and I asked you to make sure there were volunteers for a lunch for you two."

He blinks. "You did?"

"Ugggggh! Yes, I did! What were you doing to distract you so much? How did you survive without me?" The last bit was more of a mutter to myself.

Alexander tilts his head. "Candy Crush, I think. And I'm not sure what I did before you, but I'm glad you came." He leans forward and gives me a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Thank you for taking care of me," he mumbles into my hair. "Mmm, I don't know what I would do without you, my Luna."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll go set everything up. Just . . . get some rest. You have to sleep at some point." I give him a gentle shove in the direction of our room. He tumbles that way. "I hope his mate can get a hold of him," I mutter. "Poor girl."

The rest of the week is fun, except for my favorite teacher leaving. Sigh.

So, it's Monday night and tomorrow Tom and I have our elective day. I have choir, gym, lunch, pre vet; animal learning, and drama. Pond has math/science special (cough nerd cough), gym, lunch, pre vet; animal learning, and drama. Yay!

My pre vet; animal learning teacher, Mrs. Blue, got a job a couple of towns away, but the school quickly found a replacement.

I open my locker to grab my choir book. I have just enough time to run from choir on one side of the school to gym all the way on the other side of campus. Damn that's a lot of running.

"Mouse!" Pond, Maggie, and Chris chorus.

"Ready for choir?" Maggie asks while the boys discuss their nerd class.

"Of course, but I'm a horrible singer."

Maggie places a hand on over her heart in fake shock. "Heaven's to Betsy, no!" Her bumpkin accent makes me laugh. "Best one in the class, you are!"

Warning bell. "Oh, we've got to go!"

I lean to hug Pond goodbye as Maggie kisses Chris goodbye. We awkwardly stare at the couple, still caught in our hug. With just one touch, Maggie moans, making Chris deepen their kiss. My eyes widen. Jerking away from Pond, I clear my throat awkwardly.

"Oh, sorry." Maggie jerks away and we begin walking to class. "Mate bond, you know."

Sighing, I reply. "No, I don't."