Chapter 34

"That it does." She says as we park in front of an expensive looking store. Guess I'll be using previous dad's credit card. We enter the shop and I'm immediately surrounded by colors. There's so many dresses and sequins that I begin to get a headache. Now, I remember why I never liked shopping. You have to find something you like, try it on, make sure it's the right look and size for you . . . Ugh, it's so time consuming.

     "Hmm, turn." I spin slowly and the hot pink material swished against my legs. "No." Maggie shakes her head and I sigh. This is, like, the 50th dress I've tried on.

    "There's only one left," I inform her once I get back in the changing room.

     "Let's see it," she calls.

     Huffing, I wiggle my way out of the tight material. I stand there for a moment and investigate the next dress. It's light blue with a tight top and flowy bottom. The dress is floor length.  I step into it and admire the jewels decorating the front. It's strapless, so I hold the top up as I call Maggie to zip it up. I turn my back to the curtain as she jumps through and swiftly zips up the back. I turn and she gasps. "This is it! It's perfect! Alpha Crescent is going to love it!"

    Turning to the mirror, I make a face. "You think?"

    "Ooooh, we'll curl your hair! No!  Pin it up. NO! Both!  And then - " I tune her out as I stare at the reflection.  Will he really like it?

Alexander's POV

We trot out of the tux store with our bags flipped over our shoulders. Chris is Cross Pack's Beta's son, so he had to get a tux also. 

            "Wanna stop by a bar?" Chris suggests. The guys agree, but I internally shiver.

            "I'll pass."

            "Aww, c'mon!" Daniel protests.

            "Listen, the last time I drank, I hurt my Luna. It's not going to happen again." I look back at them. "I'll see yall later."

            They agree and I head to my car to go home. Jumping into my black BMW, I turn the key and rev the engine. My nose flares as my wolf catches a scent.

            "Alpha Crescent," a voice says from the back seat. I growl at Derek, ready to beat him up again. "No, wait! I think Josh is scheming with the Rogues."

            I quiet down, but still stay alert. "Why?"

            "He's upset because he knows he's too weak to be a good Alpha. I've caught him sneaking out and coming back late at night smelling like burned wood." Burning forest is the normal scent for any rogue.

            "Are you sure it's not just that his mate is a rogue and he's scare to tell anyone?"

            Derek shakes his head. "No, Crescent. He reeks of the scent. Way more than one . . . or ten."

            I curse lowly. "Thank you , Derek. I will speak to your father and the other Alpha's."

            "Good luck with that. Unless you're a ghost whisperer, there's no way to talk to my dad." Derek throws the door open. "Pack of rogues attacked and killed my mother and father earlier. As of midnight tonight, Josh will be Alpha."

            With that, Derek gets out and jogs off, slamming the door behind him.

            I curse again. This is bad. Very bad.