Chapter 50

Riley's POV

I step out of the shower and wrap up in a fluffy black towel. It's strange how everything with Alexander is white - even his shirts and towels - but Taylor incorporates black into every aspect of his life. I dry my hair and it falls limp and dull over my shoulders, tumbling down my back to my waist.

        There's a dress waiting for me on the counter. It's whole design is completely against my personality which makes me fearful of it. I hold it up.

        The black material falls right at mid-thigh and looks about two sizes too small. Black lace covers the arms and chest to about armpit length. I struggle into it, gasping at the tightness.

        Opening the door, I come face to face with Sabrina the Thief. "I'll do your hair and makeup," she announces. I'm pushed into a chair as she begins to coat my face thickly and twirl my hair around something. My patience fades after about twenty minutes. She scolds me for moving.

        "Done," she exclaims, turning me to face a mirror.

        The face I see repulses me. My skin feels heavy from the makeup turning it tan. Dark colors - very dark colors - line my eyes and my lips are red. My usually straight hair is curled in tight ringlets. I grimace in mental pain, turning away from . . . that.

        Sabrina leaves as Taylor enters.

        "Beautiful."

        "Not the word I would use," I sneer.

        He growls. "You be my perfect little Luna tonight. One mistake and Crescent's TIC dies."

        "You're sick," my voice trembles although I wish it didn't. Taylor doesn't reply, just grabs my hand and pulls me outside where tables have been arranged for pack members to eat. Many people cover the large area and I see how accurate that file was.

        Taylor raises his arms and all talking ceases. "Mort Pack! Meet your new Luna!" The Rogues sneer and nod at me.

        "Mort?" I question him quietly as we sit at a table with a few others.

        "My mother was French. It means 'death'. Now, I'd like you to meet the best warrior in the pack - apart from me of course, you already know Bruce, Rose and Josh." He gestures to them. "And this is Cameron."

        I face a kid no older than 16 with black hair and bright blue eyes. How in the world did he become a Rogue?

        Cameron returns my outstretched hand with a shake. "My pack," he explains, "was murdered by Winters Pack." My father - the Alpha - saved me, but died of his wounds. I grew up here and trained to fight back."

        "I'm so sorry."

        He growls. "Don't be."

        Taylor pulls me closer and gives Cameron a snarl. "Do not disrespect your Luna."

        The young boy flinches, bowing his head in submission. "Yes, Alpha."

        "Now," the Alpha continues,  "where were we?"

        Josh begins to reply, but Rose suddenly jumps into action. She knocks her chair back as she stands. The clearing goes silent as they realize what's happening.

        Rose is pointing a gun right at Taylor.

        He lowers the fork that was halfway to his mouth and leans back slowly, placing a napkin on the table. "Rose," he acknowledges.