CHAPTER 03: Unexpected Reunfication

Boruto didn't even bother knocking on the Hokage's office, he casually barged in... ignoring Sarada's glare of course.

His stupid old man scowled at whoever had come into the room while they were having a secret meeting, but then realizing it was his son, his face broke into a grin. "Boruto!"

Boruto yawned in reply. "I wonder if anyone's going to greet me differently today" he lazily looked around the room, where Shikamaru, Sasuke, and Kakashi sensei were present.

His father looked overjoyed and stupid like he always had... Appearance-wise, he hadn't changed at all... well, to be frank, none of the elders he knew and seen around the village had looked different, they looked just like they had when he had left the village. Was there some kind of Jutsu in the act? Perhaps Sarada had thought it would be funny and put him in a Genjutsu? Nope, he had trained to repel the forces of illusion with the best Genjutsu user in the whole Leaf Village... then what was it? Wait... his old granny Tsunade had a Jutsu like that, didn't she?

"Boruto—Boruto!" Sarada shouted in his ear, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Sarada! What's the big idea?" he asked her, scowling and rubbing his ear.

She folded her arms and glared at him. "Baka! Did you even hear a word Lord Seventh said?" she chided. He put his arms back behind his head and sighed.

"I was just thinking" he responded loudly. Almost everyone raised their eyebrows at him. "—wondering what about? Just the fact that all of you olders look the same since I left the village, dattebasa"

His father smiled at him. "Forget about us, we are old already dattebayo, but look at you, you've grown so much!"

"huh," Boruto replied looking at Kakashi sensei, "you still wear that mask? Old man lord sixth?"

"Yo! Boruto" Kakashi sensei wearily pulled out a hand from his pocket and waved at him, he was leaning on the door side. "Anyways, back to the topic Naruto, about why you called us here. Sasuke found something?" Kakashi sensei asked Sasuke-san, who nodded and pulled out the scroll they had found in the Otsutsuki ruins. Kakashi sensei raised his scarred eyebrow. "—another scroll? The last time we found a scroll in Kaguya's palace...it didn't end so well, did it?"

"Something about these ruins was different... When we first entered the place, Boruto with his Jōgan and I with my Mangekyo Sharingan. We tried our best to find any type of presence in the area, but there were none... but once we had acquired the scroll and were about to leave, the Zetsu appeared" Sasuke stopped for a moment and continued, everyone in the room listened intently. "Earlier... I had Boruto teleport us to the ruins, so he was already low on chakra, but still, he somehow managed to take a dozen of the white Zetsu away into another dimension on his own... once I had killed all of them and was about to track Boruto's dimension, another batch of Zetsu showed up, they were quick, and were very resistant to Jutsu. A minority of them even managed to withstand my Amaterasu for a few moments"

"No way... so was there any difference in them from the white Zetsu?" his father asked Sasuke-san.

"All the other information you need to know is in the second scroll I gave you" he stated.

"Right... we'll delve into that later. And you three!" his father pointed at the three of them, Sarada, Mitsuki, and Boruto, "what you have heard is top classified information dattebayo, make sure it doesn't slip, alright?"

All three of them nodded in unison, "if that's all, you can leave, I will see you at home Boruto"

"I'll probably be asleep by the time you arrive, see you"

-<>-

As they walked away from the Hokage building, Sarada recounted. "What Lord Sixth said... do you think this is going to be the beginning of another calamity?"