CHAPTER 20: Nakamura Vilson

As Boruto jumped across roofs with her in his hands, he told her surprising things that had happened in just the two days she had been in bed. Like how Mitsuki was planning on going to his parent's place, and like how Himawari had become Chunin alongside Eho Norimaki.

"But didn't they lose against Daiki?" she said over the air. Sarada was almost going to get used to it since her crazy blush had already died away, just a speck of red was on her cheeks now.

Boruto nodded in reply, "They did, but Shikadai lost too if you don't remember, when he became Chunin I mean" so they must've reconsidered it... nice, she had been upset when Himawari had lost.

"I'm glad, then what about you?" she questioned, turning her head to look at him, whose handsome face was only about three inches away from her's.

He grinned, "me? I am going to stay Genin!" he somewhat sounded enthusiastic, she didn't understand why.

"You don't sound disappointed,"

Boruto jumped down to the ground before looking back at her, "I am not. well, at least not since I heard Sasuke-san and my old man are still Genin!"

"No kidding!?"

"maybe legendary shinobi don't have to be Chunin after all!" he smirked at her, knowing full well she was Junior Jounin.

"Don't think you're making me jealous, Baka Boruto, I should take a moment to tease you sometime later, like seriously, even your sister is in a higher rank than you now" she taunted knowing where to hit.

And, as she had hoped, his smirk faded and was replaced with a sulk. "Whatever."

"By the way, I was wondering, where the heck are we? This isn't the way to Cho-Cho's house, is it?" she asked, as Boruto's grip on her loosened, he was probably getting tired of carrying her.

"It's not, that's because the party isn't in her house. IT'S IN THE ACADEMY DATTEBASA!" he shouted excitedly making a few people turn and stare. He was always so full of energy, wasn't he?

"Lower your voice, Baka! But seriously? How did she even get permission for that!?" Sarada asked, amused at Cho-Cho's guts.

"Who said she did it? Shino sensei's the man!"

"Say what now?" she asked, letting out a small burst of laughter. "Shino sensei did that?"

"Yeah, I know it's unbelievable dattebasa. But we did a little sugar coating and told him we were going to vote for him as the next vice principal! he gave up in the end" Boruto said, smiling in glee. He looked really happy today, and it was radiating. "Here we are!"

Boruto placed her on her feet and put his arm around her waist and pulled her body close to his. Sarada's heart fluttered at the close contact, the side of her body was glued to his at the moment.

He walked slowly with her, into the Academy, which didn't look like one at the moment. There were party lights everywhere, music, food and beverages, and everything expected to be present at a birthday party.

"Boruto" they both turned their heads to face Mitsuki, "you're finally here"

"hey Mitsuki, I know I'm late. " Boruto smiled, "but look who's here dattebasa!" he dramatically gestured at her as she mentally facepalmed. This was embarrassing...

"Sarada!?" Mitsuki's yellow eyes widened in surprise, "you made it?"

"Thanks to Boruto here," she said sweetly.

Boruto fake coughed, "Uhm, well, I know it was all because of me and all, but you should give yourself some credit too dattebasa"

"shut up Baka, I was just saying it for courtesy's sake, I didn't mean it, so don't let it reach your bighead," she remarked, slapping his shoulder; which was not easy given their body positions; she had to retract the arm she'd put on Boruto's hips and slap him.