CHAPTER 24: Share.

Haruno Sakura

Sakura could picture the tiny, cute, blonde boy running around in his tiny legs and annoying her beautiful, sleeping daughter as she felt Boruto's heart rate decrease.

All the funny questions he would ask as a toddler every time the Uzumaki's paid them a visit flowed back into her head...

"Sakura-Obaachan" he had been only four then, "why Sarada-chan have black hair and I has sun?"

"that's because she inherited your uncle Sasuke's genes darling, you have 'sun' hair like your father, and you're cute like your mother"

He had been adamant even before. "handsome, not cute!" his expression had been so serious that she even felt like chuckling at it now.

"aw, they're the same thing, don't you think?"

"no, handsome is cooler" he had always sought for the cool as she knew it, and even at a young age, proved to be far smarter than he had looked, and far intelligent than Naruto had been, even as a Genin. It had obviously been passed down from Lord Fourth. "you is very pretty Sakura-Obaachan, just like Okaasan dattebasa"

"I bet I'm prettier than your mom, no?"

She wiped a tear off as hopes drained her; Boruto's body had begun breaking down faster now, and the regeneration Jutsu that kept him away from death was eating her chakra rapidly. Sakura had asked Inojin to fetch Naruto immediately, knowing he had a right to be here as a parent and the Hokage. She didn't call for Hinata because, well, she knew better than to increase the situation's intensity by calling the boy's mother...

"No, my Okaasan prettier dattebasa!" he would drag Hinata over to her every time he said it as if to prove she was prettier.

"Then my Sarada is more handsome than you" she could still see his adorable and jealous pout in her head.

And he would become all sad and gloomy as he cuddled next to her black-haired baby girl and mumbled, "Sarada-chan not cuter than me dattebasa..."

-<>-

"What's wrong dattebayo!?" Naruto barged into the house, "I feel Boruto's chakra--" he stopped dead as he saw what was going on.

Sasuke stood up calmly, "listen, Naruto; Boruto's karma seal has reached its resurrection point" Naruto ran to his son and stared at him as Hanabi pointed rapidly at different locations in his body, all being destroyed in a matter of seconds. "we are giving him time to fight Momoshiki. And judging by the looks of it... it's not going too well. So I came up with a plan, and I want you to help me see it through"

"what's the plan?" Naruto looked at his best friend desperately.

"as strong as he is for his age, he is still weak compared to Momoshiki" her husband pointed out, "but if we give him an amount of chakra from ourselves, then he might stand a chance..." it might work! thank god she was blessed with a genius husband...

"let's do it then!" Naruto said.

"hn, it's not that simple, I'll have to find a way to do it in the first place. Since sharing chakra with a part Otsutsuki is not the same as doing it with a normal shinobi"

Uzumaki Boruto

He was bleeding, and when he said bleeding, he meant big time; he could feel his whole face dripping with blood as Momoshiki continued to chakra slap and beat him. He was technically his opponent's punching bag now.