CHAPTER 13: We've rebelled before

Boruto couldn't sleep that night, because not many people would if they knew what he did. Big bro Konohamaru had gone on a mission of emergency and not only that, he was the reinforcement of a pair of ANBU people who tracked Kara's movements in service.

Boruto had gotten the information when he and his team had decided to investigate further into big bro Konohamaru's emergency call. They paid the Hokage building a sneaky visit later and eavesdropped on a conversation through Mitsuki's snake. A conversation between the top individuals in the village. Sasuke-san had been there, old man Kakashi, then his dad, uncle Shikamaru, uncle Sai, and last but not least, Granny Tsunade.

Several other people had entered and exited the Hokage office, including Mitsuki's parent, Orochimaru, his former sensei, Aburame Shino, and the village's two great elders.

Boruto had had a strange feeling at first that Kakashi-sensei had noticed them, but he never looked like he had been paying attention to anything from the start, so he probably ignored it. But what intrigued him was Sasuke-san staring directly at them at one point during the meeting. How could he look at them through the walls in such a way? Boruto could see them through the Jōgan, and he knew his family had the ability to see through things like that with the Byakugan, but he'd never heard of a Sharingan with such an ability... perhaps he sensed the chakra?

However, even he let it pass as Kakashi sensei had. Boruto didn't know what they were thinking but he knew there was a secret sign.

They discussed sending Sasuke-san and Uncle Sai to join Big Bro Sensei during the meeting. Soon after, Boruto and his team were discovered by one of the guards and were about to be taken to the Hokage, but big sis Hanabi had gotten them out of it by batting a few eyelashes at the guard, who most likely had a crush on her.

She had warned them against defying authority and breaking the rules to get to big bro Konohamaru, but there was a hint in her voice which only Boruto had noticed, probably indicating they should do the opposite, good thing he knew all about his big sis...

Later, after everyone else had left, Boruto had gone to big sis Hanabi and asked her what she thought. She had just winked at him and told him to follow his instincts, which as he thought, was one of the best pieces of advice she had ever given him.

-<>-

So, Boruto followed his instincts and decided to call team 7 together for a meeting in his room. He had already deployed two shadow clones to get Mitsuki and Daiki. And he was going to call Sarada by himself because he wanted to have a word with Sasuke-san too.

But Boruto still went to Sarada's side of the house and knocked on her bedroom window. The curtains opened and she stood behind it with a questioning look. Boruto blushed as soon as he realized she wasn't wearing her usual red sleeveless qipao shirt but instead a black sports bra, and black shorts.

He turned his gaze to the floor quickly.

"Boruto!?" she gasped, "What are you doing here!? and why are you staring at the carpet...?"

Why was he staring at the carpet? Trying to maintain eye contact with her was hard enough, let alone restrain from looking at her flat stomach, toned legs, and the little cleavage her top revealed.

Boruto explained to her his plan, "I see, but didn't Hanabi sensei warn us earlier?" Sarada moved aside to let him go in, he obliged. "She must've read you then, because if she said that, she obviously knew you would plot to go after Konohamaru sensei"

She looked extremely pretty as the moonlight reflected on her face, she wasn't wearing her glasses and her hair wasn't in a ponytail like usual, he found his heart beating against his chest harder every second. Uchiha Sarada really was an eye attraction...