40

kaden

As I stood amidst the lively party, trying to distract myself from the recent end with Naomi, I found solace in the arms of alcohol. My need to be anything but sober was intense, and I indulged in a few cups to ease the ache.

Yet, amidst the haze, I found myself drawn to two familiar figures – Sam and Naomi. Her radiant red dress caught my eye, and I couldn't help but be captivated by her beauty.

In an intoxicated state, Naomi approached me, and I couldn't resist the magnetic pull between us. Her touch was intoxicating, and for once, I allowed myself to embrace vulnerability.

We found ourselves in an empty room, where passion took over, leaving no room for restraint. My emotions, often hidden away, were laid bare in front of her. In those moments, I craved her love and affection, which had been foreign to me growing up.

As our intimacy intensified, she whispered those three words that seemed to carry the weight of the world. I longed to say them back, but fear held me back. I didn't want to risk breaking her heart once more.

Emotions running high, we surrendered to our desires, leaving only skin on skin and gasps of pleasure filling the air.

Afterward, I dressed in silence, unsure of what to say. As I descended the stairs, I was met by Emma, who tried to grab my attention. Her advances, however, were futile, for my thoughts were still consumed by Naomi.

But Naomi's presence at the party took an unexpected turn as she expressed her anger towards me. Her words stung, yet I couldn't bring myself to respond in kind.

Attempting to distract myself further, I joined in on a game of truth or dare. A dare led to an unexpected moment with Emma, but even that couldn't dislodge Naomi from my thoughts.

As the game of truth or dare continued, I couldn't resist teasing Jamie about his crush on Madison, and he playfully admitted the truth. Meanwhile, my attention was diverted when I noticed Jackson approaching Naomi.

Jackson and his father were both problematic individuals, and I couldn't stand the way they treated women. There was a dark incident involving Jackson and a girl leaving town, with her family left in the dark and hushed with money.

Seeing him near Naomi triggered a protective instinct in me, and I couldn't bear the thought of him causing her harm. I swiftly stood up, pushing Emma away, and made my way towards them with determination in my eyes.

When Naomi tried to intervene, I pushed her aside in my fervor to confront Jackson. The anger and frustration boiled inside me, leading to a punch that landed on his nose, leaving him holding it as he walked away.

Though I knew my actions might have hurt Naomi mentally, my intentions were clear – I wanted to protect her from any harm that might come her way, even if it meant making difficult decisions in the process.

In that moment, all eyes were on us, and Naomi confronted me about my impulsive actions. She was annoyed with my tendency to resort to violence, and I struggled to find the right words to explain myself.

My frustration grew as she pressed on, questioning why I wouldn't be with her despite everyone having their flaws. I tried to make her understand that it was different, that there were complexities between us that I couldn't ignore.

But she wouldn't back down. With a fiery determination in her eyes, she professed her love for me, making it clear that my resistance wouldn't change her feelings.

Yet, I couldn't let myself accept her love. I believed that I didn't deserve it and that I would only cause her more pain in the end. My anger and confusion boiled over as I raised my voice, trying to make her see that I wasn't the one meant for her.

Her unwavering gaze met mine, and in that moment, I felt torn. She pleaded with me to let her love me, to give us another chance. Her soft whisper tugged at my heart, but I knew deep down that it wouldn't be right for either of us.

I finally admitted that I couldn't go through it all again, hurting her repeatedly. It pained me to walk away, but I knew it was the only way to protect her from further heartache.

Feeling defeated and unable to bear the emotions any longer, I whispered my struggles and left without looking back. As I drove away, I couldn't shake the turmoil inside me, knowing that I had to let go of someone I cared for deeply, for the sake of her happiness and my own sense of unworthiness.